Chapter 1

Lenora's POV

"Emma!" I called as I opened the caramel, wooden door. The room brought so many sweet memories of my Baby and I, but of course there were a few sour ones as well. But anyway, enough of that because there sat my Love, drawing as always."Baby, I'm back." I excitedly chirped at the preoccupied child who turned around at lightning speed as she recognised my voice, almost causing me to worry for her neck for a second.

"Mommy!" She excitedly called, jumping off the cream carpeted floor and running into my awaiting arms.

"Oh, I've missed you so much." I cooed, tightening my hold around her small figure, but not enough to hurt her, but enough for it to be a bear hug as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I missed you more, Mommy." She giggled as she pulled away from me so she could shoot me a cute but beaming smile full of happiness and excitement.

I chuckled at her cute behaviour as I lifted her up in my arms and stood up with her legs wrapped around my hips and her hands around my neck while I balanced her with my arms.

"How was your stay with Grandma and Grandpa?" I enthusiastically asked as I made my way out of the beige coloured room and into the sunlit, bright hallway. 

"It was nice. Grandma took me out for some ice-cream on Monday." She excitedly chirped, her excitement making me smile as warmth filled my chest from the feeling of contentment that settled into my core.

"Really?" I excitedly asked," Maybe you and I can go out for some ice-cream later too. What do you think?" I offered.

"Can we Mommy?" She excitedly chirped, hope shimmering in her honey glazed orbs.

"Definitely." I reassured, gently squeezing her to my side.

"Mommy!" She giggled, squirming in my arms.

"What?" I feigned innocence.

"You're naughty, Mommy. Your hug almost killed me" She chastised, folding her arms to her chest in an attempt to look stern.

"I'm sorry, my Love. Maybe I should stop hugging you then." I sadly sighed.

"What!" She dramatically exclaimed in bewilderment,"Never." She shook her head, wrapping her little arms around my neck, pulling me into what I assume is her way of comforting me.

"You're right. I would never." I smiled, affectionately kissing her chubby cheek.

Her mood suddenly dampened as the sparks in her hazel orbs lost a bit of its bright light. Her now sad eyes connecting my concerned and confused pair.

"Mommy, will you be leaving again?" She softly asked while looking up at me from her eyelashes. All the enthusiasm gone from her eyes replaced with shyness and caution that made me feel guilty even though it couldn't be helped. I had to go so she can have a good future and can live a happy life where she'll have everything she needs and more.

"Nope, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon." I promised with a reassuring smile.

"Promise?" She softly asked, looking up at me from her long eyelashes, but she couldn't hide the hope in her eyes.

"I promise." I smiled, raising my pinkie finger which she intertwined with her much smaller one with a toothy grin that reached her once again glowing eyes.

"Let's go say bye to Grandma and Grandpa before they leave." I cooed, tickling her sides that rewarded me with high pitched, loud giggles that ricocheted across the empty hallway.

"Mommy, stop!" She forced out, clearly out of breath, making me chuckle at her cuteness.

I removed my fingers allowing her to bury her face in between my neck as I made my way to the staircase and descended each stair with absolute care. I definitely didn't want to drop my daughter.