ⅰ. Their Meeting

"Eraser Head? Can you hear me? I know your night shift is already over, but there's a boy about 5 years old who was found in a park. Since your the only pro hero around the area, could you go check it out?"

Aizawa remembered the call he had gotten from Present Mic 10 minutes ago, as he was starting to regret agreeing to it.

-

5-year-old Bakugou Katsuki was not pleased to be dragged away from the park where he was perfectly safe and shoved into an obnoxiously bright colored room with this random..." hobo" who was sitting at a circular table. He was told to sit down and he did, as far from him as possible.

"So you're Bakugou Katsuki. I'm so glad to meet you." Aizawa said as politely as possible, fixing his sleeve that had rolled up, not leaving his gaze on Katsuki.

He huffed under his breath. "Why am I even here?"

Needless to say, Aizawa was a bit taken back by his attitude. Most children who were sheltered were more shy and quiet, occasionally with some who were brave enough to speak their minds, but he had never met a boy like this.

He then laughed which made Katsuki's eyes narrow. 

Ok, quick disclaimer, I've never been in questioning with an officer, nor could I find any articles on how they do it, so Aizawa's way of acting or questions may be unprofessional or weird. You have been warned.

"Right to the chase then? I like it. Alright. Why were you out at night alone?"

He thought for a moment before replying, "Because I wanted to."

Aizawa leaned forward and rested his elbows on the table.

"Does your guardians know about this?"

"...No"

"And why is that?"

"Because I don't want to tell them"

"Hm...I see" 

Aizawa half-heartedly replied as he started writing something down in his notebook.
As much as he found Katsuki's knowledge of words surprising, him being out of his home without his parent's consent was....worrying, to say the least.

As he looked up, he saw Katsuki leaning forward to see what it was, and chuckled slightly.

"Well, you're quite a curious little one, aren't you?"

"What are you writing down?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Just some stuff that I need to remember."

He studied her for a moment before seemingly deciding on something and leaning back and tilting his head to the side. "What's your name?"

"You can call me Eraser Head, kiddo"

Honestly, Aizawa didn't expect Katsuki to be able to recognize his hero name: After all, he was an underground hero, and not many people knew about him in the first place.

And so, to say he was surprised was an understatement as Katsuki widened his eyes and quickly said "Oh! You're the hero Deku was talking about! You're an, under...ground-? Hero right? That's so cool!"

He looked back at him and crinkled his nose in confusion. "You...know me?"

"mhm. Although you aren't as amazing as All Might, you're cool. Didn't know you looked like a trash can though"

Aizawa snorted at the statement and sighed dramatically soon after.

He was liking this kid.