~Bullet~

Ariella's POV

It was the next day. Our date was everything I imagined and more.

And the kiss...

It was unlike any other I've had before. It's like we were made for each other. It was like an opera in perfect harmony. Like a symphony that went too well together. So much better together than apart.

It was a legato yet passion-filled motion that was too natural for its own good. A second instinct.

And here I sit, on the couch in his office, waiting for him to come back from his errands. I think back to this morning, completely disregarding the book that was in my hands.

A sweet morning kiss had turned into a good 10 minutes of making out. A whole morning segment just dedicated to us reminding each other of the night before. The both of us never wanted to leave the bed, touching each other's barely clothed bodies, parting our lips, and untangling our hands from each other's hair.

The blood was sent rushing to my cheeks at the thought.

It wasn't my fault that he was such a good kisser. He knew all my weaknesses, like what spot on my lip to get my mouth to part- just enough so that his tongue could enter. How he bit my bottom lip to get me to release the sounds he caused. He knew the places that could make me breathless yet full of air.

He knew how to make me needy -just how he liked me.

He liked me avid for his touch. He wanted me to be selfish for him just like he was selfish for me.

And I loved nothing more.

I was snapped out of my thoughts before the door opened. I quickly acted as if I was actually reading the book. The book I so much hadn't even read a word in.

I felt light kisses being peppered on my shoulders that were exposed from the top I was wearing. I felt my hair being moved away from my neck and to the other side so he could extend his lips further. His nose inhaled my perfume slowly as I felt his eyelashes tickle my skin with each blink.

Before I could turn around to greet him, he grabbed the front of my neck and jaw, tilting it up as he captured my lips with his from behind.

I responded almost immediately from the cool yet savory taste of his lips.

His hand kept its firm grasp on my throat, caressing the skin with his thumb as his hand squeezed it every so often. One firm squeeze of my throat and a lick of my bottom lip making me gasp as he took the chance to french kiss me.

I dropped the book as my hands found their way to kiss neck and up to the sides of his head -on his suave and silky hair. I gave it a good tug as he pulled me deeper into the kiss by tilting my jaw up more.

When we were finally out of breath, he pulled away and got a good look at my very pink and swollen lips without releasing my neck from his grip and I didn't complain.

That's when I noticed he looked different from this morning.

Before he left, his tanzanite eyes were bright and shining with a light smile. Now, his eyes were like polluted waters...utterly dark. He had a slight scowl that seemed lessened from our kiss.

He looked angry nonetheless.

But not at me.

Angry at the world.

As he made his way around to the front of the couch, he pulled me on his thighs; my bare legs slung over his lap. His hand traced my skin like he'd been looking forward to seeing me the whole time he was gone as I examined his face.