Chapter 1

So I wrote this way long ago but I thought it was kinda cool to start a new fic considering this storyline is somewhat better than my last. I hope you like it.

Dinah's POV

Ally and I were in line to meet Lauren Jauregui at a signing. She's gotta be one of the most successful singer/songwriters in the industry. Camila had come with me to one of her concerts when she toured with Ed Sheeran two years ago, before...she went missing.

Camila was my best friend. We were inseparable. We spent every minute laughing at the dumbest things and arguing over what was the best One Direction song. I miss how her eyes would light up when her favorite song (which was basically every song) came on. She especially liked Stockholm Syndrome. It's kind of funny considering the cops think she got kidnapped. Well, I mean there's nothing funny about that but...

Camila had gotten into an argument with her parents when she came out to them. They weren't excepting so she ran away and I told her to come to my house but I fell asleep and when I woke up she never came. I asked my parents if she called or anything and they had no clue. She had a key to my house and my family was really close with her so we didn't really care if she showed up at our door at 4am. I lived 8 blocks away from her. If anyone had taken her it would've had to be someone who lived close to us. There are some sickos out there.

I'll never forget that day. It was the night after the last show on Lauren's tour. Lauren came to Miami for her last performance. That was the concert Camila an I went to. It was such a fun night. Lauren had a huge party at some club with a bunch of other celebrities the night before Camila went missing. We snuck in and met Ed. Camila was losing her shit. I miss her smile a lot. When she ran away the next day in the middle of the night she called me screaming and crying about how her parents said that they wouldn't have someone gay in their household. I don't think I've ever heard her so upset. I hadn't heard from her after that. But no matter what I do I can't go back in time and change anything. As much as I want to I can't go back and run 8 blocks in my pajamas to comfort her. Sometimes you just have to put things behind you and try your best to forget. There's a difference between getting over something and forgetting. Getting over something means it starts to not matter as much to you, and she'll always matter the most to me. But forgetting. That's different. I want to lose all of the bad memories. I don't want to miss her. I don't want the constant feeling of guilt for not getting out of bed to help her. I want closure. I want happiness.

That's why I'm here. To meet someone who makes me happy. I've been obsessed with Lauren and her music long enough to finally be able to meet her.

"Oh my god look we're next!" Ally said slapping my arm.
"NEXT!" The big security guard said. More like shouted. I read his name tag. Rob. Rob is one tall motherfucker.

"Hey, what's up? How are you?" Lauren greeted us. "Oh my god hi we're amazing." I said. "Is your friend there okay." She said pointing at Ally. "Holy shit sorry I went into shock for a minute." Ally said looking embarrassed.

"What your names?"
"I'm Ally."
"I'm Dinah."
"Here you go Ally. I hope you liked the album." She said giving Ally a signed copy.
"And Dinah"
"Actually can you sign it to 'Camila' instead of my name?"
"Yeah sure whatever you want." She smiled back.
"Who is this Camila?" She said looking in my eyes. Damn her eyes are so nice.
"She's my best friend. She um..went missing two years ago the day after we saw you in concert."

"Oh my god I'm so sorry." She said furrowing her eyebrows. "That's so awful I'm so sorry to hear that."

"Thank you so much." I said trying to hold back tears.

"You know what, do you two wanna hang out after this? It's over in like 45 minutes. We can go get some pizza."

"Yeah we'd love to." Ally butted in.

"Rob! Bring them to my dressing room please. I'll be there in a little."
"Gotcha Lo." He said. For a big scary looking guy, he's nice.