thirty five

chapter thirty five
"werewolfitude"

      "SO, ARE YOU AVOIDING ME or just managing to escape every time I'm near you?"

      Lynn nibbled down on her bottom lip as she easily recognized the voice behind her, and she pathetically cringed up her face while clasping her eyes shut.

      It wasn't like he had been purposely avoiding the boy, per say, she just wasn't sure how to bring up the fact it had been wrong of him to sudden dangle herself over Derek's head as if she was some prize the either of them could win.

      Evelynn Kennedy is no damsel in distress, and she most definitely doesn't need o be stuck in the middle of some hormonal asshole boys who one day love her and the next are as cold as ice.

      "I'm not avoiding you, Isaac," Lynn replied while she turned on her heels towards the boy, who had a somewhat smug smirk covering his expression.

      Currently, almost everyone in the pack was now outside in the sunny bright lights of Californias backyard forest of Beacon Hills High School -- the beginning of cross-country practice that was being forced upon them by Coach.

      "You know I can tell when you're lying," Isaac stated with perked eyebrows, and Lynn puckered her lips outs she softly chuckled under her breath. "Did I do something wrong?"

      Lynn adjusted her leggings by fixing the way they were resting on her hips, and awkwardly chewed on the inside of her cheek as she tried to figure out an accurate answer.

      "I'll take that as a yes, then," Isaac faintly murmured, and he turned his body around to probably head towards the starting point of the run. Lynn sighed a bit as she caved, knowing there was no way she could stay mad at her best friend for very long, even if he did drop some comments about them she would've rather stayed private.

      "I'm not mad at you," Lynn suddenly rushed forward to wrap her frail hand around Isaac's elbow to force him to a stop, and she had a somewhat desperate expression covering her face.

      Lynn cares for her friends so much she worried it would only be a certain amount of time because it will inevitably kill her.

     The space between the two was almost nonexistent, where Lynn could feel the way Isaac's warm breath bouncing off her skin. She hadn't released her palm still in contact with his skin, but there was a moment of hesitation written on her face.

      It wasn't the same feeling.

      Not the same butteries that would erupt in the pit of her stomach when their skin just hardly grazed, not the fireworks that seemed to echo off the two as their soft lips collided for a kiss, not the eyes that would make Lynn go insane in her own mind.