thirty six

chapter thirty six
"finley harris"

      "ALRIGHT, SINCE INERTIA IS A subject of which you all know plenty, why don't we start with momentum?"

Annoyingly, Lynn aimlessly flipped through some of the word filled pages of their science books. She lazily placed her cheek on her fist, already having an overwhelming sense to just fall straight to sleep.

This was nothing new — just Harris' voice made Lynn want to just drift off into a simple slumber from the absolute boringness, let alone the fact she hates any and all science classes.

Even though the last thing she wanted right now was to be Isaac's partner, she had no choice nonetheless. They had been paired up less than a week ago for the current chapter, and she knew there was no way Harris would be kind enough to switch her out just due to the awkwardness.

Lynn turned over her shoulder as she heard Scott speak up, and then her eyes floated over in Isaac's direction. His left leg was bobbing up and down violently, his nostrils were flared, and Lynn could just smell the anger from him.

"Isaac," Lynn whispered as Harris continued writing on the chalkboard, and she gently placed a hand on Isaac's arm, but just as she did before, the boy yanked away from her touch. "Hey, they're trying to get to you, you just have to ignore them."

"Like you did with me?" Isaac countered, venom practically dripping from his tongue. Lynn's nose twitched ever so slightly, but she knew he had every right to be upset, she declined him without even giving him a proper explanation. "I'm good, thanks."

Lynn flashed a sympathetic expression towards Scott sitting behind the two partners, shrugging her shoulders softly to explain there was no way she would be the one to get Isaac off the edge.

"They're here for a reason," Scott whispered behind Isaac's back, but the boy didn't even hover for a second. "Give me a chance to figure it out before you do anything, okay? Isaac."

Before the two teenagers could say anything else, Harris spoke up throughout the class. "Danny, what do we know about momentum?"

Lynn was relieved to know she wasn't the one Harris picked on, and she let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding.

"It's the product of mass and velocity," Danny responded, and Lynn pondered whether or not she should ask for the boys questions for the homework tonight. "The more massive something is, the faster it's going—"

"—Mr. Harris, can I use the bathroom, please?"

Lynn switched immediately from paying attention to Danny's answer to the werewolf sitting beside her, and she — with a half surprised half concerned expression, glanced over towards Harris for his response.