Chapter 1. The calling

(A/N) Copyright © TURTUREL, 2021.

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without permission in writing from from me, the only legal owner of this book.

Please keep in mind, that "The cognate Empress" is only lawfully published on Wattpad. If you are reading this book on any other site it is illegally published on that particular site.

Please also note that I will take legal actions against any infringement of my copyrights.

The royal airport, the VIP area for spaceships landings

"Primrose!" The young man called the beautiful lovely lady who was descending the ramp of the ship.

Directing her face towards the sound, the beautiful blond girl's emerald eyes shone brightly, seeing her terribly missed lover.

She was so happy that she did not wait for a second more, before running towards him, and quickly spread her arms, to embrace his waist.

"Ohh... how I missed you Aleph!" The sweet small voice urgently spoke, disregarding the slight discomfort of the young man.

Knowing that her actions were not on purpose, and realizing she was momentarily too happy to see him, and thus forgot about his condition, the young man did not bear to remove her from his embrace, although his face was already cringing, as small droplets of sweat steadily covered his forehead more and more.

Holding in the burning pain, and especially the feeling of lack of air, Aleph gently smiled as the small woman removed her head from his chest, and cheekily smiled at him, as though she seemed to not realize what her touch did to him.

"Did you miss me?" She voiced upset pouting her cheeks, when the young man still did not mirror her own previous words, even though some moments had passed. She was truly unhappy that he had not told her as well, how much he missed her. While at the same time she was oblivious to the pain she inflicted on him.

"Mhhh... I missed you as well!" He hoarsely stuttered, relieved that she had finally loosened her embrace.

The royal palace of the Metrican Empire

"How is it?" The beautiful middle aged regent empress desperately asked the subordinate, who was a few steps away from her throne. The woman was as beautiful as she was in the prime of her life, if not more. The small crows" feet at the edge of her eyes only served to increase her charm, rather than add more years to her appearance.

But noble and elegant as she was, she could not rail in her true emotions and the sense of urgency she felt. Even though in the position of a ruler, such emotions should never appear on her face. She should never show her true feelings regardless of circumstances, she should never let the slightest of weaknesses reveal themselves to the outside world.

"We have successfully completed the calling. Soon the signal will reach towards the empress's resting place, before bouncing back!" The servant informed her, with her head slightly bowed. She was one of the two girls currently kneeling in front of the empress.

"Good! Good! How long will it take?" The regent empress asked worried, but not because of the taboo she had dared commit, even though she knew the devastating punishment her actions could bring forth. No, she no longer cared about the consequences, as her prince was more important to her than anything. If he would not suffer anymore, than she would receive the death penalty with opened arms.