04. -THE END OF THE AFFAIR

━━━━As I Lay Dying━━━━

If not for her brush with death, she may have enjoyed being in the windy city of Illinois. In all honesty, she never traveled outside of Virginia. It had been a dream to travel, but given the circumstances, she just wanted to go home.

Klaus watched her and Stefan as they entered the bar that had been around long before she was born. Only a place he and Stefan knew and had in common. Klaus being so cryptic like he knew something Stefan didn't.

Salem looked unimpressed, feeling his eyes on her. He was always watching her, more than ever since she had been attacked. He watched her like if he looked away she would disappear.

"Looks familiar doesn't it?"He questioned Stefan as they soaked in the familiarity the place brought to them, Salem feeling oddly left out.

"I can't believe this place is still here," Stefan said with disbelief as a woman walked out, her skin a sepia brown with a white pixie cut that combed to the side. "You got to be kidding me,".

"So a Hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender—," Klaus started until the woman cut him off. "Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny,".

Salem laughed at the comment, while Klaus smiled as the woman walked toward them. Stefan looking at her with a confused expression.

"I remember you," she told him.

"Yeah. You're Gloria,".

"Hmm hmm," she said with a bit of sass, making Salem slightly enjoy being in her presence.

"Shouldn't you be..."Stefan started not understanding how a witch was alive after all this time considering the last time he had seen her was in the twenty's.

"Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?"

"Glorias a very powerful witch," Klaus informed.

"I can slow the aging down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day," she said as Salem found herself amazed at how young Gloria looked considering she was probably around a hundred something years old. She didn't know much about magic but she didn't realize that slowing down aging could be done outside of immortality.

"So who's the girl? Don't tell me you've gone soft, and for a human?" Gloria asked making Salem shrink behind Klaus while he rolled his eyes.

"Stefan why don't you go fix us up a little something from behind the bar," Klaus suggested, not entirely trusting Stefan to which the vampire laughed to himself. "Yeah, sure thing,".