thank you,

"thank you for the love, thank you for the joy. But, I don't ever want to fall in love again."

-

"I think... I think we've found him. And we found my daughter too." Phobus grinned, while I couldn't help but feel giddy with absolute joy. I tried to control myself. For the longest time, he and I had just been floating around the city since... I sort of didn't know where he lived. But even still we spend day and night checking every condo and home, seeing all sorts of things. Some making me wish I was still alive to stop, we witnessed everything from loving nuclear households to... Abuse. It hurt to have to see it, but I knew, or well-hoped karma would come to save the people hurting.

I was so close every time to go into a "demon" state. but I was thankful Phobus was there to pull me out of it. "I'm here," is what he'd always tell me, calming me down as he sort of became my rock over the course of however long I'd been forced to wander the busy city streets. Through the heavy rain and scorching sun... That didn't affect me at all, I went through it. Teadiouly checking every residence I could, overhearing conversations and following leads that inevitably lead to nowhere. But I never let it waver me, with as much determination as I could muster I knew I was getting close... But trying to search a whole city for a single person was a daunting task.

It was long but I couldn't give up, with every home and apartment he wasn't inside of I knew that was one less place off the list and just minimally shortening the list of possible places.

It was only a matter of time, and for someone who had all the time in the world, it most certainly wasn't a problem. And now that we've finally found the place, everything seems to be aligning. I would finally be put to piece and everything would be okay. "So are you ready..?" He questioned, he had actually asked an old ghostly friend of his to do part of the searching and he ended up having more luck than us. Finding them almost immediately. "As ready as I'll ever be." I huffed out; after so many years of waiting for him, never would I have dreamed of coming out this far for the opposite. But as my encouraging smile shone and I was ready for Phobus to take me to him, he didn't. He was frozen, a happy half-smile sure but... An edge to something else.

"Are... You ready?" I asked him, and while he didn't look up to me he still responded shakily. "I'm not sure anymore." My smile dwindled a little but stayed reassuring as I lead him somewhere a little quieter than the busy streets we hovered over. I directed him upwards to atop a tall apartment building and it already was so much nicer with the calming silence. The twinkle of shops and cars below, as you could see the beginnings of morning light peeking through the horizon. The sun was rising marking a new day, new beginnings for us as we wouldn't see another stary night again. At least that's what I assumed, who knows what happens to you when you pass on? I guess we'll find out very soon. I could just admire the scene before me, appreciating my last sunrise indefinitely.

Reminded me of every sunrise I had the pleasure of ever viewing with my previous twenty years of existence. Whether when Alex and I were young and smitten by the vibrant warm colours, or in our adolescent years staying up studying last minute for a test just until the next morning. A satisfying conclusion to a straining and frustrating night of math equations and essay writing. To just have that peace, where I could feel the tiredness crash down and feel my tense muscles relax after numerous hours of intense concentration.

I grinned, the nostalgia whisking me away for just a moment, the overwhelming smell of hot chocolate filling my nostrils and feeling the furry covers over my body. As a reward for working so hard, we'd sneak out of our shared room, prepare packaged hot chocolate and quietly take a seat on the roof. Talk about things that clouded our consciousness, one that came up often were dreams and aspirations. Mine was simple, have enough money to not always be working twenty-four-seven and give back to the community of people here that had done nothing other than support and care for me. When I felt like an outcast in the care of the sisters, the residents of our small town always were there for me; giving me fruit or small clothing pieces, their generosity was never forgotten. But Alex didn't have the same fondest as I did, always with the biggest and determined eyes would beam with happiness at the thought of leaving.