hot! avocado x tsundere! reader

Nervously, The Avocado glanced at the other fresh fruit lining the gym.

Two people he didn't recognize, and two people remembered to be The Orange from Physics and The Apple from Geometry. Of course, there was also his best friend who was standing slightly more confident next to him.

High school, The Avocado thought, was scary.

He didn't know anyone in the room well aside from You. The old fruits were scary and the ripe ones gave him looks that made him rather uncomfortable. But it was okay, because You were there and you wouldn't let anyone hurt him.

Still, You could tell The Avocado was nervous. As soon as the water break rolled around and the prying eyes of the rest of the gym were busy with their own activities, you stood on his toes to give The Avocado a light kiss on the check.

The Avocado relaxed a little and You smiled lightly to himself. "4."

As of now, the start of their first year of high school and early into their relationship, you've had shared 4 kisses - only on the cheeks, (or forehead in The Avocado's case considering he was taller), they had a lifetime, why rush?

The gaze of their teammates wasn't entirely gone, as The Orange snickered and The Apple showed a smug smile. They mimicked them momentarily, The Orange reaching up to give his own boyfriend a chaste kiss on the cheek.

The Avocado only rolled his eyes, reaching down and laying a kiss on your cheek and mentally noting that they will not be outdone. "5."

You were pretty red, but nobody was paying attention as they only watched The Apple do the same from a few feet away.

~

They were quick to become friends with The Orange and The Apple - and eventually, The Orange and The Apple figured they couldn't out Pizza the Hut.

"You, bro, what's with you glaring daggers at the fresh fruit?"

With a dramatic roll of your eyes, You turned sharply towards The Apple. "I'm doing no such thing."

The stinky rotten fruit was gone and new unripe fruits had joined the team. They didn't know the newbies too well yet, but The Avocado was quick to befriend The Blueberry and The Peach. The Duran, on the other hand, didn't even want to talk to him or anyone for that matter.

The Apple smirked, slinging an arm around your shoulders. "Geez, you're shorter than I remember. But anyway, I don't know why you're jealous, he's just talking to them."

"I'm not jealous," You sighed, "Just, what if The Avocado decides he likes one of them more than me?"

A frown graced The Apple's lips. "I wouldn't worry about that."

"What are you implying with that?"

"I mean," The Apple smiled, "First of all, I think the angry looking unripe fruit would mash The Avocado's pit if he went for The Peach, and second I think The Blueberry is in a relationship."

You only sighed again, running your hand through your hair. "You're right I think he's got a girlfriend. Still, The Avocado might end up liking them more than me."

"You're stupid," The Apple bonked your (fruit type stem), "Stupid, stupid, if you think The Avocado would ever like anyone over you. I'd bet you he's telling them about how awesome you are right now."

Oh, The Avocado was. And he didn't pause his passionate ranting for nothing, but the look on your face gave him the idea he should go see what's wrong.

With an excited bounce in his step, The Avocado made his way over to you. "Hey, (your name)! What's up?"

You moved to give the usual response of 'nothing', but The Apple was there first. "Not much, just this small kid over here doubting your love for him."

The Avocado gasped and frowned, moving a hand to his hip. "Am I not showy enough? Should I make it more evident?"

"No, The Avocado, it's-"

your words of protest were quickly interrupted with The Avocado's lips on your own, your face flushing quickly but before you could settle into it, The Avocado was already a foot away from you. You wanted to yell at The Avocado for making him all flustered during practice, but you couldn't.