Prolouge

Fenrys stared at the paper in his hands.

Last Will and Testament of Connall Moonbeam

Place of Residence: Perlington Cottage

Executors of Will: Fenrys Moonbeam

Beneficiaries: Ryanen Whitethorn Santiago, Athaelia Whitethorn Santiago, and

Emani Moonbeam Santiago, Fenrys Moonbeam.

Assets: I split my final estate into equal sums for all three of my children, Ryanen, Athaelia,  and Emani Santiago. I also wish to split the ownership of Perlington Cottage between my children, so that they may handle it as they see fit.

To my brother, Fenrys Moonbeam, I leave the dagger our mother gave me for my twentieth birthday.

When I die, bury me by the Rommeda Channel, next to my wife, Diavian Santiago.

Signed on the Spring Equinox of 1443, CE.

Connall Moonbeam

Witnesses: Fylia Brell

Hilda Brett

"Fenys? What are you reading?" Aelin asked.

Fenrys held up the piece of paper. "Connall's will. It's his writing, but it doesn't make sense. He didn't have children and he wasn't married." He let out a shaky breath. "Where's Rowan? He might recognize some of these names."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rowan scanned the paper. "I knew Diavian about ten years before this was signed. She never had any children when I knew her, and she disappeared after we split up. Couldn't stand each other."

"Is she the one..." Aelin asked, slipping her hand into Rowan's.

He nodded. "The one that Maeve forced into marrying me? Yeah. I heard that she had died right around the time this seems to have been written. But-" he cut off, remembering the last time he had seen Maeve with Diavian. They had both blacked out halfway through dinner and woken up at home three days later.

"Those children," he breathed. "The first two, they could be mine."