Betrayal

"I loved you", I screamed, "I loved you so much. You ran, left me behind and betrayed me."

    I couldn't tear my gaze from his eyes, those dear eyes I spent hours staring into, as I stood in the field. The skies were dark, the clouds' tears falling. The winds howling and trees swaying. My hand firm on my sword, my dagger strapped to my thigh. The boy I once loved, now my enemy, standing a few meters away, his hands on his sword as well.

"I didn't -", he starts saying as he walks towards me, we're now a meter apart. I lifted my sword to keep the distance.

    "Now, tell me what you didn't do, kill my best friend, my mother, my father? You destroyed everything and then ran with the glory of it. I hate you and I will destroy you." My voice was strong and laced with poison, my core was burning with the will and urge to hurt him.

"I would have walked through hell for you, y/n!" The lies flew like a river from his tongue. "But from birth, we were destined to be enemies, each other's destruction."

I didn't see him coming. He grabbed my sword and pulled hard. I stumbled forward, he caught me, spun me and my back rested on his chest. Our breaths were shared as he plunged the dagger in my stomach.

He whispered in my ear: "I do love you, but we would have never been able to be together."

"Together to the end, I laced our blood together. We are each other's destruction, aren't we?" I said that as I twisted and plunged my dagger in his neck.

We shared our last breath together, staring into each other's eyes, he whispered my name until the end, and left this world together.