When the World Caves in it ' s You

“Leave me alone!” Dream yelled behind him, laughing unsteadily. Something he did on Manhunt, but now? It was for his last life. He lost this one? He’d be a ghost. Nothing more than how his girlfriend ended up. Dead and the only thing holding them on a memory of one person who loved them more than any other… Yes, she had been brought back to her second life but still. This was for good.

“Ohhhh Dreaaaam!” BadBoyHalo called, shield on arm and trident in his hand. “Come on, you can’t run forever!” He laughed back. This wasn’t his usual light-hearted banter laugh, this was something more… sinister if you will. The inner demon escaping like when he had made Quackity cry.

He checked his hunger bar and tried not to seem fazed by how close it was being that he couldn’t sprint anymore. 

“You’re right, but I can try to hide,” he whispered to himself and begins to calculate. Sapnap, AntFrost, George, Bad, and Ponk. All five hunting him down in a very threatening way. He swallowed and begun to get up the trees to the tops and hop from there. He could do normal jungle parkour but well, this was his life on the line, really. Maybe if he took the risk of a 5 block jump he could lose them just enough to go and go to the nether. 

The nether, a place that the compass had no effect. He was safe if he got there. Now he just had to find the broken portal he had almost finished. Dream was so close to finishing it. He had one block of obsidian to place and just light it! If only he could get there before he lost his last life on an actual hunt. 

God, why did this have to happen? Not in a place where if he lost he’d be fine and wouldn’t lose a life or die for good. ‘Please please please…’ He winced, biting back a sob for a break of this strenuous running. He took a breath, looking behind him and preparing for this jump. 

He sped up and jumped, whimpering in fear. If he missed this he’d die. Even if he was in full health, the fall was too high. It was no use. He braced to grab for vines to pull himself up by and landed with his arms catching him. 

“Ow ow ow!” He cried, tearing up and using his shaking arms to pull himself up. His shoulders hurt and now he had a heart left but it was fine. He would make it. He had bowls! He could make mushroom soup once he got there…

“Oh, Dreeeaaaaam~!” Sapnap giggled, noticing how careful his green friend was being now. Though, maybe he wasn’t green much more. He was covered in dirt and near-broken, tattered armour. 

He dared not look back, knowing it’d slow him more to get scared about their enchanted diamond swords and protection 3 armour. He was so dang hungry but couldn’t stop. His life depended on it. He whined again, looking for the portal.

There it was. Across the river. He jumped into the water, narrowly escaping hitting that bank. He cursed and flailed to get out of the water, placing the block while stuck. 

“Please please please please-” he begged to himself, crawling out of the bank and hearing the splashing of the others catching up. He got the flint and steel to light the portal, stepping through. 

Thank god. He was alive. He scrambled to make a crafting table so he could make a new shield to farm hoglins. He panted a little in desperation to regenerate and make new armour and an axe. Thank god he got out. Just to get out and find materials. 

Dream tried not to freak out that he was about to get hit by the hoglin - he’s done this so much! He started to strategise, collecting netherrack while his food cooked. When the portal made a whooshing noise like someone was coming through, he broke the furnace, collecting his things and mining into the wall. Each block eh mined he filled back in. Once he was deep enough in - he thought - he crouched and ate some food to regenerate.