Prologue

MARCH 2010 - NYC

8 years ago

A woman sits in a cafe with her friend. She wears a grey joggers and a white cropped t-shirt alongside white trainers. Her glossy brown hair cascaded down her back. On her table sat catalogues upon catalogues upon magazines of clothes to chose from for her next shoot...

The barista is busy preparing her Caramel Latte...he has golden hair the colour of the sun, eyes unique to all : with hints of hazel and green...a defined muscly figure. He wears the Starbucks barista uniform.

The barista walks up to the woman and her friend

Kerem: Here's your coffee, madame...

He places the coffee on the table

Dilara: Thanks

Kerem: And for you m-

Hande looks up...her chocolate eyes shone brightly in the ray of sunshine that bounced on the table. Her hair glossy in the light...she was breathtaking.

She locks eyes with the barista, who is lost in Hande's chocolate eyes.

She smiles. " My coffee?"

Kerem clears his throat..."of course."

He bends down to place the drink on the table, taking in Hande's perfume. She smelt of fresh daisies and citrus. Kerem was gobsmacked. At 22, he'd never seen anyone so pretty, so simple, yet do sophisticated. He froze when Hande whispered in his ear; 'you can stop smelling me now'.

He smiled and blushed as he walked away from the table. Hande looked at his strong figure, his big arms and chest. She instantly felt attracted to him, when he'd been close to her, she'd smelt his strong cologne...practically melting in his presence.

Dilara: handushh

Hande doesn't realise she's calling her.

Dilara: Handeee (she waves a hand infront of her face to get her attention)

Still unaware of Dilara, she picks up her coffee, sipping it whilst she looks at kerem load the dishwasher. God, she'd give anything to smell his perfume again.

Dilara: HANDEEEE

Hande realises her friend is calling her and reluctantly turns hr attention away from kerem.

Hande: Urdhero

Dilara: Kızım, what are you doing??

Hande: What?

Dilara smirks and signals at kerem

Hande: I-....no....

Dilara: Pooo....i saw you both....he purposefully came close to you, the way he smelt you...the way you returned it and whispered something in his ear.

Hande: ...

Dilara smiles and begins to pick up the magazines on her table, she leaves $10 on the table

Hande: where are you going? We just got here

Dilara: I know...you're staying here.

Hande freezes and realises what her friend is going and tries to stop her, but its too late.

Dilara gets up, hugs Hande and leaves.

She's left alone with kerem in the silent cafe.

Kerem looks at her with his bright green eyes, smiling.

---------

5 minutes pass, and Hande gets up, she takes her coffee and gets up to leave

'I need a distraction' Kerem thought. He left his counter and stood next to hande, purposefully bumping into her. She spills coffee all over his chest.

Kerem smiles...his plan worked.

Hande looks at him with wide eyes.

Hande : Kerem I'm so sorry-

Kerem: Kerem? How do you know my name?

Hande goes bright red.

------------------------------------

FLASHBACK TO 10 MINS AGO

Dilara leaves, and Hande goes on Instagram, looking up every name she could ever think of beginning with K- it was on his nametag.

Eventually, she typed Kerem. The first name that come up was him.

She looked at his page. An aspiring actor, single, studying marketing ; handsome. He ticked all the boxes.

---------------------

Hande: I-.... i must be good at guessing

Kerem: Heeeee

Hande takes a tissue out from her bag and begins to try and wipe the coffee off him.

He smiles.

He takes her hand off his chest and in his.

Kerem takes a deep breath

and he looks down to kiss Hande