We Only See Eachother At Weddings Or Funerals part 1

The first time I, number eight, Victoria found out about the news was when I was walking home from work. Seeing on a tv inside of a store how Reginald Hargreeves had passed away.

Seeing how the whole world saw him as an angel. How the whole world saw the Umbrella Academy as angels.

The eight of us each had powers. Crazy right?

Number one, Luther, super strength.

Number two, Diego, trajectory manipulation.

Number three, Allison, persuasion.

Number four, Klaus, connection to the dead.

Number five, Five, he didn't want an original name like us, space time manipulation.

Number six, Ben, eldricht tentacles.

Number seven, Vanya, she doesn't have any powers.

And finally, me. Number eight, Victoria, I can freeze and melt stuff. Sound lame but it's actually pretty fun.

I didn't have such a great childhood. Sure, others would say number seven, Vanya had it worse. Vanya didn't get to go on missions and was locked up in a room. Nobody knows why Reginald never let her. Sure thing it was sad and all, but I got it worse.

I never got any love from anybody who lived under that roof. Reginald himself never missed the opportunity to tell me how bad I was at protecting the people, how I didn't deserve this life, and so on. Our 'mother' Grace never gave me any attention, same with Pogo.

But the most heartbreaking thing for me, was that my 'siblings' didn't like me. I was always left out. Never stood up for, no matter how many times I stood up for them.

That's how I became the quiet and shy kid in the house. Never got a seat at the table with the family. Always eating alone.

But the same with my other siblings, I moved out as soon as I could.

And that's how I became successful.

That's how I was done giving two shits.

A good career. Grown out of the shy and quiet state. Making good money and living my best life alone.

Ofcourse with the death of my 'father' they all got an invitation for a funeral. The six of us with Pogo and Grace probably.

I wasn't nervous, no. I was annoyed. I just wanted to get it over with. I didn't even know why I  was going, I just felt like I needed to do it. Sounds weird right?

Pulling up to the Academy, bad memories came back in my head. Telling me to turn around and go back home.

But I needed to prove I was fine to the others. That I didn't need them in my life anyway.

Sighing, I opened the car door and got out. Putting my purse on my shoulder and locking the car.

Every step closer I took felt like a bigger weight on my shoulders. Stepping on the patio, standing in front of the door.

"Let's rock this bitch" I thought. Turning the doorknob, I opened the door to my personal hell hole.

Seeing the house again left an uneasy feeling inside of me. I didn't like it at all.

Okay maybe I am nervous.

Hearing the sounds of the fire cracking broke my gaze from the house to the living room. "Hey Grace" I said as I saw Grace sitting there in front of the fire.

I never called her mom like the other did. First thing I didn't want to and second I wasn't aloud from Reginald.

Being the bitch she always was to me, she ignored me. Keeping her gaze in front of the fire.