~TEN~

=°=°=°=

"If we don't have each other, we go crazy with loneliness. When we do, we go crazy with togetherness."
- Stephen King.

=°=°=°=

Dedicated to OluwadamiOsakuade Check out her book; Can't Help Falling.😊

¶NINA¶

"So when blood passes the heart just once, it means the organism has a single circulatory system, right Nina?"

I smiled at my phone, replying the message Ayo just sent me.

"Nina Ogbeide!" A voice snapped and a loud bang on the table followed, gaining my attention and causing me to almost drop my phone. When I looked up, I saw Ninu and Bolu glaring at me.

"What na?" I asked, frowning.

"Water and garri!"

"Water closet!"

They snapped at the same time.

It was the Saturday before our first term exams and we agreed to meet at Bolu's house (her parents and siblings happened not to be around this weekend) to do our last revision for Monday's exams which were biology and civics. So far, I guess it was a total success...or not.

Bolu's room had this cool décor, warm and inviting. As boyish as it was, it still had a very girly feel. No, there wasn't pink anywhere at all but once you enter, you could tell it belonged to girl.

The posters of celebrity athletes and positive girls-have-power quotes occupied most parts of the walls. Her room had no TV but she had a laptop placed on a table beside her bed, decorated with lots of stickers. Her wardrobe was at the far end in a corner of the room. A talking drum was hung above it.

Apart from the posters, pictures also decorated the walls which in turn, were painted blue and white. The ceiling wasn't left out as she decorated it with star stickers of different shapes and sizes, making it look like the night sky.

"What's with you and your phone today sef? Are you married to it? Or is one Indian dude from instagram toasting you on whatsapp?" Bolu asked, looking me directly in the eye. "Because you are never this distracted when it comes to biology or any subject at all."

Indian dude?

"Uh..."

"Speak up, madam!" Ninu ordered.

"Uh..."

"An 'uh' is not a sensible word and you are very much known and considered to have sense," Ninu said. Always one to savage without looking back. "Soro soke, darling!"

Flashback to the time I told Bolu the same thing and now it's my turn.
I opened my mouth, not exactly sure of what to say but the words sha came out. "I was just checking on Ayo?"

"Oh, just checking huh and we have been calling your attention and all you do is reply by smiling like a Cheshire cat?" Bolu countered and rolled her eyes. "As per, we get Shana for biology on a platter of gold and she's using us to catch cruise, using us to talk to boy...what insolence!"

I looked from Bolu to Ninu and then back to Bolu, a smile crept to my face and then turned into a blush. It happened by itself. My face loved to betray me, in cases like this.

"Ah, mad oh! Aunty don dey blush," Bolu said.

Memories of what happened between Ayo and I yesterday at the bleachers came rushing, filling me up with pure and absolute euphoria. The almost-kiss. There's this amazing feeling you get when you suspect or figure out that the person you really like might also like you back.