four.

JORDYN SITS DOWN on the freshly cut grass, leaning back so the sun rays warm her face and neck

She missed the sun, she would spend all day outside in Forks when the sun would rarely shine. While she lived in Arizona she would lay outside all of the time.

Demetri sits down next to her with his hood up.

Jordyn can hear birds chirping and bees buzzing, its beautiful out here, perhaps being held captive here wouldn't be so bad.

The vampire and human sit in silence for a few minutes until Jordyn speaks up.

"What's Caius like?" She blushes at the question, she doesn't know why she got so shy all of a sudden, she feels so embarrassed for asking such a simple question—one that isn't even that bad, it's so simple,

Demetri looks at her and smirks, "Curious are we?" His accented voice holds a teasing tone to it.

Jordyn rolls her eyes, "Well, he is my mate."

"Right, right," Demetri takes an unnecessary deep breath, "He gets pretty angry sometimes, he's mostly always serious."

Jordyn furrows her eyebrows, "Sounds fun."

"He likes to paint, almost every painting in this place was done by him."

Jordyn remembers the paintings in her bedroom and the ones in the receptionist area, they are all very well done, all looking like they were plucked right from whatever reference was used.

"Really? He must be pretty talented then." Jordyn says while picking grass from the earth.

Demetri laughs, "Being around for three millennia does give you some time to work on your skills."

Jordyns eyes nearly pop out of her head, she didn't expect him to be that old, but she supposes she should have, it only makes sense that he's quite aged.

"Anymore questions?" He snaps her out of her shock.

"Can every vampire do what Aro and Edward do?" She asks, their mind reading talents are definitely still a surprise—if those two have it, how many others do, too?

Demetri hums and shakes his head, "Others can do that but none that I know," he pauses and looks at her, she holds a confused expression, "We... some vampires are gifted."

"Gifted?" Jordyn repeats in a curious tone.

"Our abilities. Mostly everyone here is gifted, it's what makes us so powerful. Aro can read every thought someone has had with a single touch, as you know. Marcus can see the bonds between people. Caius doesn't have a gift, but he is a great fighter, Alice Cullen can see the future, and Edward can read the thoughts passing through someone's mind." Demetri tells her.