- T H E B E G I N N I N G -

[ in this part of the story you guys are 9 and 10 years old, also speech will be in italics ]

y/n's pov :
me and my best friend eren were practically always together whether that was physically or not but either way we were never far since we were trapped inside these walls that we longed to travel beyond, and by we i mean me and armin. The two of us had only mentioned what we were to believe is beyond the walls to eren and mikasa but they didn't show much interest or at least not as much as us anyway. However today we were all hanging out when there suddenly was an ear torturing bang that rang throughout the town followed by a siren of screams all drowned out my the stomping of them, titans. Those nasty thing that eat innocent people for their own pleasure, we all panicked with no idea of what to do so we decided on running to erens house as fast as possible to make sure carla was safe and eren and mikasa's home was still intact yet as we ran round that corner we were faced with the most horrific sight we had ever seen (besides erens bed head), my best friends home was crushed and carla was stuck underneath what was left of the house. We ran in her direction as fast as our legs could take us with the hope we could free her and escape these monsters yet we realised as we tried to heave the pillars of wood off her it was no use the titans was swarming around the village as they broke through the walls and demolished buildings without a care, we stared in horror as such an ugly titan with a massive grin on her face and awfully similar of a hair cut to armin came towards us.

"Eren, Mikasa , Y/n and armin please run it's not safe if you stay here we will all die" she begged of us,
"ARE YOU CRAZY? WE AREN'T JUST GOING TO LEAVE YOU HERE"eren uttered out of panic. Suddenly we heard someone come from behind us on some sort of manoeuvring gear.
"Hannes please take them with you and let them live" carla begged
"No i am going to get them out of here i'm going to fight it" the man stated
"NO HANNES DON'T FIGHT IT!"
We watched the man who to us looked like he was out of his mind running towards this 50ft smiling titan yet he stopped in his tracks and before we knew it he had grabbed us all and ran leaving carla behind as armin and mikasa couldn't watch and faced away but me and eren watched a nightmare happen right in front of us we saw carla get picked up by the titan who was widening her grin that spread across her horrid face as she bit down into carla, blood sprayed everywhere as we tried to process what we had just witnessed and i zoned out with the muffled sound of erens screams of pain and despair.