Offering 1: The Windrisers

quick a/n before the stuff starts but... for those of you who read my other stuff will know that i cant write x readers. BUT when there's a cute anime boio i gotta write something

Contents: angy venti (im sorry bby), slight hints of yandere venti? its him saying he'd kill for you but idk if thats really a yandere since he doesnt rlly do it, also cheating and sadness all around :(

~~~~~

The Windriser, they called you.

The people of Mondstadt called you this because you could nearly always be seen at Windrise, underneath the large tree's branches and leaves, either peacefully dozing in the night or reading a book in the day. You barely took a step into Mondstadt despite calling it your home.

Of course, you do indeed love the City of Freedom. The people are always so nice to you, greeting you with a smile and a friendly wave, sometimes even free food! Not a single soul did not know your name, or at least your nickname. Not even Barbatos himself, the Anemo Archon.

This may seem obvious, but the wind is everywhere. And so was he. Barbatos, or as most knew him, Venti, was always close to you. Whether it be when you visit a local tavern, or even when you take a trip to Good Hunter to chow down on some Sticky Honey Roast. You always see him in the corner of your eye, and you always hear the sound of his lyre, breaking through the chatter of the citizens as he begins to sing.

At first, you worried he was stalking you; after all, it seemed as if he was following you. But you quickly ruled out that possibility, thanks to the fact that most people in Mondstadt say they see him every day too. And honestly, you wouldn't mind if he was following you. His music was beautiful, and he seemed fun to travel with anyway, even if only he was aware of it.

Your life was comfortable. The people loved you, you were able to relax under the sun all day, and yet you still had a stable income by completing commissions for the Adventurer's Guild. You didn't have a Vision, and you were a rookie adventurer, so they normally assigned you simple things like cooking and delivering food. But on the rare occasion that they told you to clear out a Hilichurl camp or such, the monsters would already be gone. When you go to tell Katheryne about this, she would always laugh and tell you to stop being lazy. When others report the same thing, she's always surprised and just assigns you a different commission.

You always thought it was just a massive stroke of good luck. Amber, the bubbly Outrider of the Knights of Favonius, suggested that "maybe you caught the eye of Barbatos!" You? Be known by Barbatos? "Surely not," you said. "I'm pretty normal. I don't see why he would care about me." Little did you know, he was watching you from his seat in the tavern, his eyes narrowed in bitter defeat.

Why, you ask? Your heart already belonged to another. You had a wonderful lover, who showered you with gifts and affection and protects you with all they have. Venti wants to tell you that he can do what they do too, but so, so much better.

He'd not only die for you, he'd destroy all of Teyvat for you without batting an eye. He'd created countless ballads for you that could end up as the most famous love songs of all time, but no, he'll never sing them for anyone but you. And so far, it seems he'll never get the chance to.

But he'd never take your lover from you. He's the god of freedom after all, if he did that then who would he be? A demon, he thought to himself. And he knows a certain guy who knows a certain Conqueror of Demons, and... it would not be fun to get pulverized by Xiao.

So he stays close, but not too close.
Far, but not too far.
Always there, watching over you, protecting you.
Even if he didn't get a reward, seeing you was enough. Seeing your smile made him smile.