the mint choco case

"just taste it. come on."

"thank you but, no."

"how would you know you don't like it when you haven't even tried it?"

"because why would someone even think of mixing mint with chocolate? it's like brushing your teeth then deciding to eat sweets at the same time!"

heeseung considers himself as the type of guy who likes to challenge himself to do things out of his comfort zone. he is a 'want more, have more, be more' person so, if possible, he tries to widen his horizons.

but this... he couldn't fathom the thought of eating it. he just can't. it's like the most abnormal ice cream flavor to be ever made in the history of ice cream flavors.

the stranger huffs, putting down the spoonful of ice cream back on the cup with a little pout gracing his face.

"you know, if you just taste it then we'd know how to end this little argument."

forehead creasing, a look of disbelief and confusion crosses the doe-eyed boy's features.

"with all due respect, i don't know why this 'little argument' even started."

imagine this. almost midnight, you suddenly crave for ice cream in the middle of an online video game with your bestfriend so you decide to go to the nearby ice cream parlor, buy a cone of rainbow sherbet and maybe sit down for a minute to eat it then go back home, win the game and have a good night's sleep.

that was the expectation.

but reality is often disappointing.

instead, heeseung finds himself disturbed from eating his ice cream by a guy the same age as him, probably younger, asking him if he could share the table with him then proceeding to ask him if he likes mint chocolate when heeseung accidentally stared longer than necessary at the guy's cup of mint choco ice cream, both disgusted and astonished.

and when heeseung said no in the most polite way, the guy reacted as if it is a criminal offense to not like mint chocolate 'especially when you haven't even tasted it!'.

"well, why would you hate something if you haven't even tasted it?" the stranger once more questions, the ice cream making his lips appear even redder as he pouts more.

"i don't hate it. i never hate anything. it's just that the idea of the flavor itself is---"

heeseung blinks as he comprehends the situation perfectly. the stranger hums inquiringly at his sudden silence.

why am i suddenly talking to a stranger?

one of the basic rules in life and he doesn't follow it.

what the heck.

common sense cannot be taught in schools.

"is this not unusual to you? talking to strangers?"

the stranger stops eating his mint choco ice cream, meeting eyes with a skeptical heeseung. heeseung has his guard up now and is just realizing that he has been too comfortable with someone whose name he doesn't even know (though he's kind of annoying with all that mint choco thing).

then the boy laughs a little, his eyes smiling as well. heeseung takes note that he is very pretty. still annoying though.

"sorry about that. when i talk to someone new, i usually forget that we just met. it is kind of cliche that we always say our name first when we meet someone anyway."

"it is usually how you get properly acquainted with someone you've just met..." heeseung smirks as he pops the remaining piece of cone to his mouth.

the stranger bows his head, covering his mouth with his hand to hide a shy smile before reaching it out to offer a handshake with heeseung.