Harry

This is gonna be in first person, but every chapter is a different person.

As I woke wearily in the morning and reach for my glasses, I can't believe it's only been a month since the defeat of Voldemort, the darkest wizard of all time. But the school year hasn't ended, and I'm still a student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

I stare at the ceiling and contemplate about getting out of bed, when Ron Weasly throws a pillow at me.

"Hey, get up. We have to get down to the Great Hall. Mcgonagall has called an assembly." He said, throwing on a shirt. I sat up in bed and looked around the room. Neville Longbottom, freshly out of the hospital wing, struggled to get his heavily bandaged arm through his shirt sleeve. Seamus Finnigan was helping Dean Thomas jump into his pants, while Ron combed his hair.

I sighed and got out of bed to put on clothes. A few minutes later, we were down in the common room, waiting for Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasly, Ron's sister, to come down from the girls dormitories.

"Do you know what this is about?" Hermione asked us. Dean, Seamus and Neville left through the portrait hole and down to the Great Hall.

"No idea." I yawned, putting my arm around Ginny. "But we should get going." We all ran through the portrait hole and down the stairs to the Hall. We walked in and sat down at the Gryffindor table, where most everybody else in our house was sitting. A moment later, Proffessor Mcgonagall came out from behind the staff table.

"I have called this meeting for some news. As you all know, you have been diverted from your normal classes to help with the cleanup. Today, however, you will return to your normal daily routine." There was a grumbling around the room while Mcgonagall took a breath, the said, "there is also a small problem. We have noticed a party of maybe 20 people ser up camp near the castle. They are maybe 7th year age, and we wish to send a party of four up to meet them. We shall choose from the seventh years, as they appear to be that age. Any volunteers?" She called, and everybody looked at me, Ron and Hermione. Slowly, we put are hands up, along with Ginny, who raised her nose fiercely, threatening anyone who dared challenge her.

Mcgonagall looked at us, swept her gaze around the room, and said "fine. You four will go. We'll send you out after breakfast." She waved her hands and heaps of breakfast foods appeared.

Ron looked at me and said, "not bad for a last meal, eh?" And dug in.