Meaningful Flower

It's midday. The spring weather felt icy cold, but the warmth of the beaming sun was pleasant. The trees were getting rid of their blossoms, and the scent of freshly watered grass filled the air. The window is open, allowing the birds to chirp away as the professor continuously yaps about his one and only "cutest daughter." A buzz went off in Ashiya's pocket. Slowly reaching for it, he checks to see the message. His sister has gone to check on their mom in the hospital; it seems she had gotten anemia again and asked for him to run the shop while they were away.

The bell finally rings, allowing the students to exit their chairs and stretch. Turning his body, he sees a sleeping yellow-haired boy resting on the desk.

"Are you awake, Abeno-san?" He asks in a whisper. With the sounds going on in the classroom, he should have been awake by now. "Abeno-san?" Ashiya reached to touch his shoulder to wake him up before the young boy jolted up. "UWA- you scared me! You should've just responded to me!"

A yawn left Abeno's mouth, slightly stretching his back and arms.

That was close... He thought to himself. He and Ashiya have been friends since the start of the school year but calling them friends was a stretch. You see, Ashiya was extremely clumsy. During the first week of school, he would crash and fall on his bike, pass out, or somehow ended up lost. Each of those times, Abeno watched him and would continuously drag him to the nurse's office. It was probably a coincidence that he saw him each time, and Abeno felt like Ashiya was more of a pain than anything else. He always had to look after him, and because of that, they ended up being friends naturally over time. Just recently, it felt odd not to be around Ashiya.

"Are you busy?" Ashiya asks, almost in a pleading tone. Knowing Abeno's response, he clapped his hands in front of him and bowed slightly, "I'll give you my homework if you help me out today!!"

Abeno scoffed, glaring at the poor boy in front of him. "I have better grades than you, idiot."

Ashiya sat there-- knowing full well that Abeno is one of the top students in the class and begins to place his hands over his face and drag it down

Ashiya sat there-- knowing full well that Abeno is one of the top students in the class and begins to place his hands over his face and drag it down. "YOU'RE RIGHT! NOOOOO"

Fushi and Norito walk over, already used to Ashiyas crying antics. "Yooo~ We have after-school clubs in a little bit. Did you guys want to hang?" Fushi asks in his carefree tone.

"Sorry! I have to look after the shop today!" His change in attitude impresses Abeno each time. He tries not to laugh and continues keeping his stern face. "My moms in the hospital, so I should probably head home right now." As Ashiya gets up, Abeno grabs the hem of his uniform,

"Wait, I'll help." Groaning at the thought of extra work, he didn't mind if he got to spend it with Ashiya. He looks up at Ashiya who's eyes were beaming,

"THANK YOU, ABENO-SAN! Let's go!" Ashiya walks out of the classroom to grab his shoes, Abeno's slight smile appears on his face.

"See ya later, guys," he tells the two waving his hand without looking back.