is Meredith okay

After witnessing a passionate argument between Meredith and Deluca, Hayes became very worried. He didn't know too much about Meredith Grey but he knew he definitely liked her a lot and didn't want to see her in pain. Meredith is a bit of a guarded person so he knew that trying to help her directly would probably not end well. So he decided to ask one of the women who claimed to be her sister.

He found Amelia standing at a nurses station and decided to ask her about Meredith.

"Dr. Shepherd, I just saw Grey and Deluca battling it out in a patients room over there, is she going to be alright."

Amelia gave him a puzzled look for a second. Then as she processed what he said and her expression turned into a laugh, "HA! Yes Meredith is okay Dr. Hayes." As she said this Alex walked by the two. Amelia shot her arm out and grabbed him.

"Alex, get a load of this, Hayes is wondering if Meredith is 'okay' after having a little argument with DeLuca." 

Alex chuckled a bit and replied, "Meredith was okay after a plane crash, an attack, AND a mass shooting."

"OH! and my brother dying." Amelia added.

Bailey walked by the group and became intrigued by their laughter, "Hey, what are we doing?"

"We are listing the shitty things that happened to Mer."

"Ooo fun, has anyone mentioned the bomb in the body cavity or the drowning."

Hayes mouthed the word 'bomb' in astonishment while Alex replied, "No those are good ones."

"Oh and that one time she was beat up by a patient and had to get her jaw wired shut for a while." Amelia said.

"I said that one." Alex exclaimed. "We haven't even touched on her family! The mother with the Alzheimer's, the father that abandoned her... then died, the step mother who died, and the sister that died."

"Does finding out you have a secret half sister count?" Amelia asked.

"I think so. I mean it did happen to her THREE times."

"Three!?" Hayes asked.

"I wonder if it will happen a forth." Amelia contemplated.

"Oh and her mom tried to kill herself" Bailey added.

"Plus the kids thing. Her first kid was almost taken away by the adoption agency, my bad, then her second kid was born in a super storm, and her third child was born in secret after her husband died." Alex said.

"And a while back when my dumb brother was trying to choose between her and Addison, and forgot to mention that he was married for a while." 

"Remember when her dog died?" Alex asked, "Oh and also O'Malley died."

"There has to be more." Bailey said as she furrowed her brow thinking.

"Mark." Alex replied. 

There was a long pause as the three tried to think of more to name off.

Hayes took a deep breath and said, "So..." he hesitated, "She's okay?" he asked, wondering how this conversation could possibly be used as an argument for her being okay.

"Sure, we can go with that." Alex replied.