Glasses

Glasses

Eddie placed a small white cylinder shaped container in the bag. His mom allowed him to spend the night at Richie's house if he promised to take his "medicine." He threw two pills into the trash can. He knew his mom counted them while he was getting ready for school. "Remember Eddie, one after dinner and one after breakfast." Since their fight two years ago, he hasn't taken the medicine since. Bullshit he thought as the pills hit the trash at the bottom. He smiled with satisfaction. He enjoyed having some control in his life, even if it was just a little.

"I'll be out in a second!" Richie called out from the bathroom. Richie Toizer would never admit it but he always took a shower whenever Eddie slept over. He wanted to smell nice for a certain small framed hypochondriac. "Yeah, you better hurry before I turn into a fossil!" Eddie shot back teasingly. He always fought with Richie but there was never any genuine malice. Now that Eddie thought about it, Richie was in the shower longer than usual. Maybe it's the long hair? Eddie thought. Richie and Mike always complained to the group about how difficult it was to manage their hair. Bored, Eddie walked to his friend's dresser and picked up a pair of brown glasses. Eddie knew Richie kept a backup under the lamp. Is his eyesight really that bad? He asked himself as he gently placed the frames on the bridge of his nose. Wow, his eyesight is dog shit. "Hey Eds, you fully clothe-" Richie stopped. "Uhh, what're you doing?" He asked. "Oh, I wanted to see if your eyesight is as bad as you say it is. I have to say, you can't see for shit" Eddie explained with a chuckle. Richie stared blankly, beginning to turn pink. He regained his usual demeanor and laughed along with Eddie. "Fuck you" he replied with a smile.

When Eddie finally fell asleep Richie turned to look at his face and smiled. I never knew he'd look that good with glasses.