TWO

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

Everyday was worse than the last, exhausting and draining

Everyday was worse than the last, exhausting and draining. I physically didn't know how much longer I could take, I knew my dad was concerned for me but there wasn't much we could do about this situation.

My anger and frustration would get the better of me some days, I couldn't control how I spoke or the way I snapped. It was planned out for me, to act like this. It was made to destroy anyone around me and any relationships I had built, leaving me isolated and alone for the rest of my life.

Pandora knew what she was doing when she cursed me, she thought out every little detail down to the nub. Turning me completely cold to other walks of life, forcing me to lash out at those I love no matter how hard I try to fight it. It was impossible.

The more I fought, the more painful it became. It was easier for it to just take a hold of me but I knew once I did that, Pandora would have won.

By the fourteenth day, we had travelled far from our old pack house. Everyday adding a tonne of bricks onto my back, pure hatred spread through my veins. Desperate for revenge, desperate for her to feel my pain, how she had completely ruined my life without an inch of empathy.

We had continued to walk through the forest, hopping between different places so we could sleep somewhere sheltered and protected. My dad had created a fire to keep us warm now the nights had turned a million times colder, he had hunted a rabbit and then skinned it, cooked it and served it for dinner.

My eyes stay trained on the orange flames that burn in front of me, the wood popping every so often and the smell of smoke wafting up into my nose. "I've decided," I say suddenly as I throw my finished bone down onto the fire. "I want revenge." I state simply.

My dad's eyes look up to mine with a blank expression. "Revenge?" He repeats.

I nod and stand from the log we were perched on. "Yep, I'm going to go back." I growl out, grabbing onto a backpack full of supplies.

"Cleo," my dad shakes his head and stands to stop me. "You'll end up killed, you'll end up being tortured until you're begging for them to stop."

My eyes burn up in fury. "Are you with me or against me?!" I shout out to him suddenly. His eyes blink back at me, his mouth opening to speak but I cut him off. "Because to me it sounds like you're a coward and taking her fucking side."

"Cleo," he says instantly. "I'm trying to help you."

"No!" I shout, my anger rising through my throat. "No, you're not trying to help me! You don't want to help me because you can't stand up to your own fucking wife." I spit out towards him, fury fuelling my words.

"I've never seen you like this before Cleo," he says in disbelief, taking a step away from me like he was scared. "I have no idea who you've become."

"That's because she has turned my emotions inside out, the curse is trying to turn everyone against me!" I yell loudly, my teeth gritting harshly. "She's done this on purpose to hurt us!"