𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐳𝐞

in which green royally screws up

ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫

"SIRIUS?" HARRY'S EYES WIDENED AS HE SAW A familiar shaggy black dog.

Harry ran out of the 'Owerly', rushing towards his common room.

"Harry what are you-" He ignored a confused Ron and Hermione, pushing past them and running up the dormitory stairs.

"Where is it, where is it?" Harry all but tore his trunk apart as he searched for a particular piece of parchment.

"Harry mate?" Ron spoke up appearing in the doorway, giving his best friend a concerned look.

"Found it!" Harry ignored Ron, and triumphantly held up a frayed piece of paper.

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." He hurriedly tapped his wand against the yellowing page.

"Harry why are you looking at the map? Ron moved towards his friend, looking over his shoulder at the sea of moving names.

"Bloody hell!"  The two teens said at the same time, as their eyes landed on two different names.

"Why is Sirius here?"

"Who's Diana Black?"

Harry and Ron looked at each other.

"What?"

ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫

"Diana?" Diana turned around, wiping fresh tears from her rosy cheeks, unable to help the small smile that only seemed to grow upon catching sight of Ben.

"Hi Ben." Diana wiped her cheeks, trying to hide the fact that she had been crying.

"I was wondering if you- are you crying?" Ben raised his brows in concern, putting an arm around the smaller girl.

"No, I mean yeah, it's nothing never mind. What were you going to say?" Diana forced a smile, not so subtly nuzzling herself closer to the boy.

"Diana it's clearly not nothing if you were crying, I can ask you to the ball later-" Ben immediately covered his mouth.

"Shit, uh I mean, uh, " Ben stumbled over his words.

"I would love to." Diana cut him off, standing up on her tiptoes to kiss the boy on the cheek.

It was odd that a mere week ago she was certain she would be attending the ball with Harry, the thought of Ben never would have crossed her mind. A mere week ago Diana found Ben boring, and thought he had the personality of a rock. A mere week ago she would have given anything to kiss Harry again, but now she wasn't so sure. He hurt her, intentionally, it was clear- (to Diana at least, though Gabrielle would beg to differ, for the girl still had hope that 'Diarry' as she put it would still happen)that he didn't care about her. It was funny how things had changed.