Chapter 1

I have never had the best relationship with my mom. Dad left us when I was only 2 years old. So, I don't remember him very well. I just remember he was a very tall, good looking man. Everyone always says that I look just like him but I dont really think so. I only have a few pictures with him. My mom never told me exactly why he left us. When I would ask she would say that they just weren't right for each other and I had no choice but to believe her.

My mom didn't take the situation with dad well at all. She would always come back and forth from work and the bar. Thats just how it always has been so it doesn't bother me much anymore. I just stay in my room and listen to music. When I listen to music it makes me forget all about my messed up house life.

Thankfully summer is already over and I can finally start high school. I don't mind going to school just because it means I don't have to be at home as much with my mom anymore. This year I will be attending Karasuno High School.

I am also very excited because my best friend in the whole world 'Aya' will be going with me to Karasuno. I've known Aya for as long as I could remember. Our moms were good friends in high school. Her and her family actually moved right next door to us back in 3rd grade and we've been inseparable ever since.

Aya's mom has actually known about my home situation for awhile now. She's always been super supportive and like a second mom to me. Whenever I need anything I know I can always go to her.

_______

I woke up early the next morning to actually look decent for my first day of school. I put on my uniform: a white collared short sleeve, black skirt, black blazer, and red bow tie around the neck. I put on my usual makeup look, mascara and a bit of lip gloss. Lastly, I left my hair down because I straightened it the night before. Then headed out the door to go meet Aya at her house. We always walk to school together.

"Bye mom! Love you!" Aya said as she hugged her mom bye.

"Bye Mrs. Sato!" I said as we started walking away.

We continued walking to school. Aya didn't ask about how things are at home  knowing that I would rather not talk about it.

"Hey, Aya-" my question was interrupted by what seemed to be a very tall boy bumping into me.

"Hey-" I said while being interrupted once more.

"Oh, my bad shorty. You're so small that I didn't even realize there was someone walking in front of me." the tall boy said smartly

As a boy with dark brown hair and freckles standing next to him chuckles

I didn't want to say anything knowing that it wouldn't make any difference. So me and Aya just walked away annoyed.

We had finally made it to school. Sadly we weren't in the same first period so we said our goodbyes and parted ways.

I was extra nervous knowing I didn't have any friends in my first class yet.

I arrived at the door of my first classroom and as I was about to enter the room, I heard a familiar voice talking to me from behind...

"Are you gonna go in or just stand there?" the voice said annoyed

I turned around and surely it was him.

That annoying string bean that annoyed me this morning.

- to be continued