Disclaimer

***THIS IS A DRAFT***

You can download the full version of Russian Roulette for free at any digital retailer and it won't have the same formatting errors that appear on Wattpad. A lot of words got bunched together here during the copy/paste process :( Apologies in advance but I don't have the time to search for and fix those errors at the moment.

Copyright © May Freighter, 2016.

The right of May Freighter to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted by her under the Copyright Amendment (Moral Rights) Act 2000.

This work is copyrighted. Apart from any use as permitted under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, no part may be reproduced, copied, scanned, stored in a retrieval system, recorded or transmitted, in any form or by any means, without the prior written permission of the author.

This book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents are either a prod­uct of the author's imagination or, if real, are used fictitiously. All statements, descriptions, information and material of any other kind contained herein are included for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to actual people living or dead, events or locales is entirely coincidental.

All rights reserved.

Acknowledgements

I would like to thank everyone who helped put this book together, especially C. J. Laurence and Anna Santos. You guys are simply the loveliest people I know!

Big thanks to everyone who suffered with the early drafts of this book: M. Belford, K. Manning, E. Hoffman, S. McEvoy, E. McGinnity, L. M. Lawrence, D. Wright, H. Zapolukh, I. Galvez, A. Grey, K. Wynn.

Lastly, massive thanksto everyone on my launch team: Y. Arcangel, L. Adams, M. Greenhill, J. Rubin,A.I. Diaz, L.W. Stuart, R.S. Kovach, M. Appkova,A. Simons, G. Cabezut, F. Loqman, N.Burger, S.G. Benson, K. Oyatedor, E.Hyder, J. Lyons, K.A. Blount, T. Archer, S. Royal, L. Santiago, J. Stark, A.Santos, R.J. Cieplinski, T. Oja, D. Goelz, K. Jacques, I. Galvez, R.C. Kisiel,C. McDonnell, M. Hayes, S. Mason, P. Patel, M. Appkova, M. Soriero.

Reader Information

NOTE: This book is written in English UK.

Throughout the story, you will encounter certain terminology that is relevant only to the Helena Hawthorn series. Here's a small glossary.

Childe: A human that had been turned into a vampire.

Sire: A title given to a vampire after he turned a human by sharing his energy with the person and then took their life.

Council: There are seven Councils that control the vampires. They prevent exposure to the world while trying to protect their people from the hunter attacks. A Council consists of 4-5 members, all of which are either respected or feared by the community.

Council's hounds are vampires who voluntarily serve the Council or are hired for their abilities. The number per Council averages between 20-50 vampires, excluding ghouls who maintain the building and do dealings outside during daylight hours.

Fleeting is a term used for inhuman vampire speed. Usually, a vampire can cover a few miles before becoming tired. When they reach their limit, there is a danger of tearing their leg muscles, which can be both excruciating and slow to heal without ingestion of blood.

Donors: humans who donate to vampires after being affiliated in their circles and have accepted a vampire's protection. They tend to earn a good living and some even gain influential power in the human society through the vampire's connections.

Humans are kept out of the loop by the supernatural. The few who do possess the knowledge of their existence are too scared to reveal the details for fear of death or because no one would believe them.

Ghouls are humans who have ingested vampire blood right before death. The energy exchange never occurred with their sire as it would when creating a childe. Young vampires tend to mistake this as a process and bury the body in the ground without waiting, leaving the creature to awaken and with an urge to eat the flesh of the dead.