~Entangled~

Lily's POV

GUY'S LOOK AT WHOSE POV IT IS BEFORE YOU READ^^^

"We can't keep doing this," I whispered as I pulled away from him.

I looked at Adrian as he stood smirking against the wall, his lips swollen and pink. I could imagine mine looked the same.

Why did I have to be the one who kept falling for his charm when he's the one who kept pushing me away? Why did he get to pick and choose when he wanted me? He's the one who kept crawling back and I let him.

But why?

Why couldn't I say that I'm tired and had enough?

This wasn't fair.

Why did I always have to succumb and be the bigger person?

The answer to all those questions had the same answer:

We were desperately, madly, entangled with each other.

And I don't know why I let him come close to me again as he walked to me with those daunting footsteps. I don't know why I let him kiss me again. I don't know why I seemed to always drown in his coffee and burnt sugar scent like it was oxygen. I don't know why I always got weak under those toffee-umber iris's that seemed to see right through me.

"And why? Why can't we keep doing this?" he spoke as he kissed me harder as his hips ground themselves against me. His full lips fitting so perfectly against mine. His tongue easily dominating my own.

His ex-navy-seal body pressing against mine that was sprinkled with ink here and there. Adrian Adler was something so toxic -so vile- that I was undeniably attracted to.

"Tell me, Lily," he whispered as he kissed down my jaw. My chest falling up and down erratically with no rhythm. The way he said my name almost made me scream in desperation. I hated how I reacted to him.

I hated him.

But not really.

I might've hated him the first time we met with his constant flirting and teasing. The way he never let me close to any other men or when he was so adamant about finding out what I did and how I did it. How could I not hate his constant control?

He was supposed to be my bodyguard and nothing more.

But then the hate blossomed into something more.

I acted like I hated his teasing and protectiveness when I actually loved it. How I loved being cared for. How I loved being his only person to tease and protect.

How I loved him.

And the worst part was that he loved me too.

He never made me forget it.

Then what's the problem right? Two people in love, what more could you want?

You forget that he works for Cameron.

He was supposed to be my bodyguard because that's what he was hired to do.

And me, I was a person who was raised on the streets. Danger on every corner, more so because I was a girl. I was tired of danger. I was ready for a quiet life.

And Adrian always put himself in danger. He always came back to me with blood on his clothes, wounds on his skin, and scowl deep. It gave me a glimpse into what his life was like inside the military.

But hadn't he had enough too?

Wasn't he ready to live a quiet life like me? Away from the stress and danger?