Watchers Reunite

After a few months of being imprisoned in a dark chamber in the Black Citadel on Outland, Maiev Shadowsong has recently been unexpectedly freed by Illidan Stormrage. With the dire situation on Outland, the warden seeks to find her lost comrades somewhere in the wilderness of Mountains of Flame and escape from Outland through the recently reopened Dark Portal. Coming from the Black Citadel, the warden hurriedly went straight due west with no dull moments, and it did not take long before she finally reached her destination. At the early hours of dawn on Outland, Maiev has finally step foot into the border foothills of the Mountains of Flame after tirelessly running since last night she was freed by Illidan. Upon reaching the borders of the mountains, Maiev immediately went on to search for her surviving warriors that are hiding somewhere upon the wild and unfamiliar region.

The Mountains of Flame is an isolated region with lots of small inactive volcanic vents and magma rocks around the areas, yet teeming with life of various forest plants and local creatures of Draenor that have survived after the catastrophic explosion of the planet. Despite the shattering of Draenor, various creatures such as salamanders, fel boars, wolves, clefthoofs, sporelings, fireflies, and doom beasts have since resided on the isolated forested range. The Mountains of Flame are also the home of the few surviving Arakkoa, a bipedal and intelligent native avian race on Draenor that somehow resembles the serene race of wildkins in Azeroth. The mountains ranges were also once part of the territorial lands of the Bonechewer Clan, on which until they left it after the destruction of Draenor.

The warden thoroughly searched around the forests for several hours until she finally found a small night elven base located in a hidden isolated area of the forest. At last, Maiev has found her missing warriors in Mountains of Flame. Though not many remain, the warden is pleased to once more see her surviving comrades alive and hidden from danger. Wasting no time, Maiev quickly approaches the outpost of her comrades. The night elven Watchers in the camp immediately sense the presence of Maiev. Upon seeing the warden approach their base, the night elven Watchers are all completely surprised upon seeing her alive and free after the past few months that she was a prisoner of Illidan.

Huntress: "Who the?! Could this truly be?! Merciful Goddess! Look my sisters! It's the mistress!"

Maiev: "Ishnu-alah, my brave warriors. How it is good to see you all once again after all this time!"

Archer: "Mistress Shadowsong, you have returned! But how is it possible?! We thought you to be dead all this time. We thought Illidan already killed you when he brought you to the Black Citadel."

Maiev: "No, sister. Illidan kept me alive, but as a prisoner. All the past months, I was locked within a dark cell just as what I did to him before for ten thousand years long. That is until last night, onto my surprise, Illidan freed me and told me about all of you, so I made my way here to find you all."

Huntress: "Illidan freed you?! Despite all this time we've had our strife against him! How? Why?!"

Archer: "Why would Illidan free you? He has been our foe for so long. Even the time that he asked us to serve him, we refused yet he spared our lives by just banishing us. Now, he has... freed you?"

Maiev: "It is as much a surprise to me as it is to any of you, but that does not matter now. What is important now is that I have returned to all of you, and we can now leave this cursed wasteland for good. There is a reason why Illidan freed me, and it is not an act of merciful will. He is fighting a losing war against the forces of the Burning Legion, and with it, I sensed desperation upon Illidan."

Huntress: "Yes, mistress. Even from this isolated region, we did heard about the resurgence of the demons and fel orcs, and how Illidan and his servitors are battling them. But tell us, mistress, how did it came to this? Illidan and his armies have defeated Magtheridon when they invaded this place. Now, the scales have turned. How is it the demons and fel orcs were able to claim the upper hand?"