26. The King's Plan

"I have another good news." Duke Lorenzo smiled. "Lady Ariana and Lord Nathaniel have agreed to become healers -" He heard a sharp intake of breath at the other side.

"- As soon as their training is completed, they will be called to our world." He continued.

"But doesn't she desire to become a doctor as well?" Duke was surprised by this question of the King. He furrowed his brows. "By the looks of it, I reckon she does. However, it will take two more years whereas she could become a healer by the end of this year only. Why the wait?"

"If it is something that she desires, I shall make sure that she gets it." The King worded his intention clearly.

Unable to answer, Duke remained silent for a while. "Your Majesty." He whispered before hanging up.

He silently made his way towards the living room and entered the room attached to it where Sylvester Windsor was seated.

"Ah! Took you long enough." Mr. Windsor put forward a glass of whiskey he had prepared for his friend.

"Yes. It was the King." Duke Lorenzo took the glass from his hand and took a seat opposite to him.

While taking small sips of whiskey, he pondered about the conversation he just had. On one hand, the King wanted his mate to return. However, on the other, he wasn't impatient about it. What was his plan? Did he just want her forgiveness or her love as well? It couldn't be the former, could it? He will eventually start to have an untamable crave for her love. And of course, the kingdom needed its true Queen.

"What's up with him lately?" asked Mr. Windsor nonchalantly.

"Well, his marriage has been annulled on his and Persephone's request."

"What?" Sylvester slammed his glass on the table. "I thought you werewolves and your mates were inseparable! Then how? This could only mean one thing. They aren't actually mates."

Duke raised his glass. "Bingo!"

"Oh wow..." Sylvester shook his head. "What happened to his father after his mother's death really got to him, didn't it?"

"Unfortunately, yes." Duke agreed. He chuckled humorlessly. "Everybody thinks King Victor is so brave. A martyr. He fought for his mate till his last breath. Little do they know that he is very much alive and is partially responsible for this situation of their current King."

Duke Lorenzo sneered thinking about the former King. He couldn't let Xavier, whom he and his wife had raised as their own, lead an unhappy life due to his father's shortcomings. He would make sure nothing and nobody came between his boy and his happiness. He was suddenly reminded of Sean.

"By the way, Sylvester. I think it's time you tell Sean about my world."

**~~~**

Ariana, Nate and Alexa stood up from their seats. Ariana stacked up their plates and glasses. They walked out of the Ace of Clubs.

It had been a week since they returned from Sean's house. And Sean hadn't come to any of the classes or met anyone of them since then. He hadn't even picked up their calls. When Nate called the landline number, Mrs. Windsor had let him know that Sean had gone outside the city with his dad for some business. It was somewhat a vague answer.

"What's this class you guys have been taking?" asked a baffled Alexa.

Nate and Ariana looked at each other before Nate spoke. "Those are just some random extra classes -"

He looked at his wrist watch. "- which we're very late for. So, bye."

When Nate was out of their earshot, Ariana grabbed Alexa's arm. "So... nothing has happened between you two since that day?"

Alexa shrugged.

She had been shocked when Nate had asked to end their friends-with-benefits agreement and become just friends. She had been disappointed at first but started seeing another guy after some days.

"I've a date with Ryan this evening." She informed her newly made best friend.

"I've talked to him at the library many times and that guy is smart!" said Ariana with an impressed look on her face.

"Back off! You have your own smart guy."

"No, no. I am somebody's smart guy...err...girl." Ariana flipped her hair dramatically.

"Nice... The humble Ariana Bennet is bragging today. Or does she just want to let others know that she is taken and somebody's girl?" Alexa wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

"Yeah? And who is my smart guy? And who has taken me?" Ariana used air quotes while asking.

Alexa smiled and said nothing for a while. "Ariana Windsor. Sounds nice, doesn't it?"

"Goddess..." Ariana whispered while rolling her eyes. She started walking towards her class while texting Alexa on the way. "Good luck for your date."

She sat beside Nate and took some papers out of her bag. She was taking photos of each page and sending it. Nate stretched his neck to look and smirked when he saw Sean's name on the e-mail address.

As he was about to tease her mercilessly, he noticed Sean pass through their bench and take a seat. He had almost turned back to ask about his whereabouts but he froze. As long as he remembered, he wasn't in a normal class. He was in a class full of other werewolves, studying about werewolves. What the fuck was Sean doing there?