pt. 1

Kim Wonshik sat on the bed in the dorm room he could now call his own, his laptop in front of him. He had just moved here today, in a few days he would start studying at the local university. He was excited, but also nervous as he did not know anyone around here. Hopefully he would find someone to show him around.

However, this day had been rather stressful for the young man, so he was more than happy to finally have the time to calm down with what he enjoyed most.

It was half past eight when he clicked on the thumbnail of the stream. It had started half an hour ago and usually he would never be late, but today had just been a mess. The page loaded and a smile spread on his face when he heard the familiar calm voice of Leo - his most favourite streamer and artist. He was speaking about what he was going to draw today, while the camera showed how he prepared his workplace. The picture on the screen only showed the surface of the desk and the streamer’s hands - never his face. Leo said this was because the stream was about his art, not about him, and he did not feel comfortable with people staring at his face while he was working, which Wonshik could understand. Still, he wished he knew what Leo looked like. He imagined the artist to be really beautiful, maybe with a bit longer black hair and intense dark eyes. He could not explain where this image came from, it was just a feeling.

He wrote his usual greeting in the chat and shortly after, Leo read it out loud.

“Ravi, welcome.” He then said. “You’re late today.”

The young man in front of the screen grinned happily. He was one of Leo’s most loyal viewers and had not missed a single stream ever since he discovered the artist’s channel about a year and a half ago. Leo knew him and always seemed happy to see him around, so of course he would notice when he was late.

‘I know, I’m sorry~ Had a busy day moving…’ Wonshik wrote, ‘Glad to be here now.’

“Glad to see you here, too.” Leo said, sounding like he was smiling. Then, he started drawing.

Wonshik got more comfortable on his bed, as he watched the young man work. His focus switched between looking at the picture that was forming on the paper and just staring at the artist’s hands. He loved Leo’s hands, he had even drawn them a few times - something he would surely never tell the streamer, as he was worried he might come off as a weirdo, but he could not help it. Leo’s hands were nothing but beautiful to him, and the fact that the artist had started wearing nail polish a few weeks ago only made it better.

The young man sighed. He wished he had the opportunity to speak to Leo privately for once. There were around five hundred people watching the stream, not that much compared to the big ones, but it were still too many people for him to tell Leo how much his streams and his art really meant to him. Unfortunately, the streamer did not reveal any of his social media accounts - if he even had any. This one stream a week was all he gave his viewers.