(0)

Her pulse raced like fire through her veins as she searched desperately for him. She knew that he had to be there. Everyone had to be there.

Her heart skipped another beat as she could only see the crimson-stained walls. Rust and rot hanged heavily in the air, almost suffocating her with its smell.

In one corner of her cell sat a bucket filled to the brim with brown water. On the opposite wall were metal bars to her cage, with the door unlocked and slightly open. Rust coated them, the black paint peeling.

Catching sight of this chance, her body jerked forward. Chills ran down her spine as a painful gasped escaped her, needles running up her legs and to her stomach.

She once more scanned the room for him. And for the others. But she didn't see them. She didn't see anyone.

It wasn't until she stepped into warm liquid that she realized she didn't have her shoes any longer. With caution and wariness, she looked down. Her stomach groaned before it launched as her throat burned.

She couldn't stop herself from vomiting at what she could only assume was blood. Her knees almost gave in and she could feel herself wanting to get rid of anything else in her.

Sluggish, and pushing from her bent knees, she stumbled forward. Nothing was clicking as it should have in her. She couldn't understand how it happened or what could have happened that led them to that place. To get into such trouble.

She remembered Chad joking about the squeaky floors and making noises to scare the group before they separated.

She remembered Tarmo standing in the back, with his arms folded over his chest. The no-none-sense look etched on his face so well, she didn't think he could wear anything else.

She remembered Dewayne there as well. He was there, right next to her.

The others were spread out, searching the empty and run-down two-story house. The owner had called in complaining about it being haunted. So it became their job to see if it was. And if that was the case, they had to prove the haunting and get rid of the ghost.

Her stumbling once again pulled her out of her thoughts. She threw her hands out as if to catch herself, only to find she did just that. On an oval pure white tub.

She stared down, seeing her messy reflection from the bottom.

The tub was the cleanest object in the room, yet she hadn't noticed it before. It didn't look rusted nor did it appear to have the same grime the cement floors did.

The smell of bleach slammed into her, making her feel sick once again. Her fingers curled before she saw something that had her scrambling backward.

An ear. She saw a human ear in the drain.

"Dewayne!" She screamed, desperately searching for him once more.

Fear consumed her. Guilt slammed through her burning veins. Tears fell as she didn't know what to do or where to go after her fine.

But it was Dewayne who consumed her thoughts. It was her fault he had gone with them that day. It was her idea. And now, she had lost him.