07. -SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT

━━━━Smells Like Teen Spirit━━━━

The feeling of someone staring at her had the teen jumping up in her bed, hands clutching her heart as she sighed in relief yet shocked at the familiar electric blue eyes and lady killer smile.

"You got knocked out cold," Damon said leaning off the door frame of her room to sit beside her in her bed as she rubbed her face, wincing at the ache in her skull.

"Is Elena okay?" She asked looking around the room she never expected to see again, taking in the wall covered in s various sketches beside her bookshelf. To the photos of her life that rested on her desk and above it in a heart-shaped collage against the white walls.

"She's fine. Klaus turned Tyler into a Hybrid, Elena's blood seems to be the fix. He compelled Stefan to turn his humanity off," he informed her as she held her skull in her hands, hissing in pain as he handed her a bottle of Advil and a glass of water from the bedside table which she took graciously.

"Where's Klaus?" She asked before swallowing the pills.

"He skipped town, and left Stefan to play bodyguard to Elena," Damon said making her scoff, but Klaus wasn't the type to run, she only knew of one person that made him run in his life but she chose to keep her mouth shut because she wouldn't wish Mikael on any of the Originals.

"Why'd he leave?" She asked making the vampire shrug.

"Who knows, probably got scared by my devilish good looks when I stopped him from trying to take you. Had you in the backseat ready to go," Damon said making her furrow her brows, she could tell he was lying about why Klaus left. If his intentions were to take her with him then something serious would've stopped him, and if Elena was the key to making his hybrids then it wouldn't make sense for him to leave her behind.

"How'd you even get in?"Salem questioned, climbing out of her bed a grunt before walking toward her closet. She found it so weird being back home, even weirder seeing her old clothes before she pulled out an outfit and tossed it on the bed.

"Your mom let me in," he said making her pause and her eyes went wide before she was running out the room and down the stairs, the smell of strawberry waffles hitting her nose as her mom set a stack of them on a plate at the kitchen table. Tears welled in the girl's eyes as her mom set down the pan and Salem bounded for her, pulling her into a bone-crushing hug that had her mother erupting in surprised laughter.

"I wish you would've told me your boyfriend was joining us for breakfast and I would've made more," her mother said, kissing the top of Salem's head making the girl furrow her brows.

"Boyfriend?" She asked following her mother's gaze to Damon smirking as he took a seat at the table and winked.

"He's not my boyfriend," Salem said rolling her eyes before turning back to her mother, taking in her once long dark curls that were now cut to her shoulders and her sun-kissed skin.