{2} ᴋᴀʀʟ ᴊᴀᴄᴏʙꜱ • ᴄᴏɴꜰᴇꜱꜱɪᴏɴ + ɪʟʏ [ᴛᴏxɪᴄ 1.5]

Note: The Jarl Kacobs confession that i skipped over from the Toxic series ooh~ consider this as idk part 1.5 lol

"Now this is cool,"

*****

"Hey, uh, Y/n? Can you, uh, meet me at that pier where you took us that one time?"

"Uh..."

"It's important."

I checked the time on my phone before looking at the sun starting to set outside my bedroom window. I hesitated bringing the phone back up to my ear. Sure, North Carolina probably isn't as dangerous as say, California or Mexico, but you never know.

Nevertheless, if Karl said it was important, it must be.

"If I die, Kalt, you have to promise me you'll turn my tweets into a book," I heard his laughter echo through the phone and couldn't fight the smile that had grown on my face every time I heard that sound. I swear, that man just has THAT contagious of a laugh.

*****

I stayed on the phone with Karl as I drove; the whole conversation consisted of me asking what the "important thing" was and him denying everything. I felt a nervous pit start to form in the bottom of my stomach as I parked on the path leading into the pier.

I climbed out of my little car and was greeted by a very dressed up and pretty-looking Karl. His hair was visibly fluffed to perfection and he even wore one of his nicer sweaters over a collar shirt and his nails - I would notice later - were freshly done with no chips or cracks anywhere.

"Ooh, Karl! You look so pretty! I feel so underdressed now,"

I looked down at my sweatpants and zip-up hoodie, my old t-shirt peeking out from the little bit at the top that was unzipped, showing off the faded color. I was definitely sporting the look 'Casual Slob Chic.' The shoes added to it, being old sneakers and my hair in a rushed, messy ponytail. Yep, lazy-casual.

"What? No, you're... well, you're perfect,"

I stared up at the tall man with my brows slightly raised.

"Wha-"

"WELL, you're not PERFECT- I mean, you're human and, of course, you have flaws- Not that I'm saying you're flawed- You're fine! I mean- not FIIINE, cause that would be weird, I just- I mean- ugh..."

"Breathe, Karl,"

I rested my hand on his arm and I watched as he took a deep breath. I gave him a small smile as he eased back into reality, but I could still see the red on his cheeks.

"I just mean... you look pretty too," I smiled at him as he started guiding me to the bushes leading up to the pier. My clammy hands started calming down as I watched the setting sun reflected on the ocean below.

"Ugh, isn't this view just amazing?"

"Mhm..." I turned back to see the skittish man quickly rush from my side to directly in front of me. His body blocked the final turn we needed to take to reach the pier. I cocked my head and squinted my eyes up at him.