The Iron Spider

Narrative: Peter Parker-Stark, adopted son of Tony Stark, must learn to face the adversities the world presents to him after the strange and sudden death of his father. He must uncover new abilities, create new friendships, and try to move on from the past that forever haunts him. But maybe, along the way, he'll uncover the dark truth of that past and the betrayal that lead to it. Then finally be able to make the decision to face it head on.

A preview of a new story I've been developing since the release of Far From Home. Based on Disney's classic film, The Lion King.

_________________

Tony Stark entered the building of Stark Industries with a reluctant five-year-old Peter Parker trailing behind. The man was welcoming his newly adopted son into the company he would manage someday, but he'd keep that information to himself for now. He didn't want to overwhelm the kid seeing as the adoption had just happened only a week ago.

"Welcome to Stark Industries," Tony called out to the boy who looked around in awe. "Like what you see," Stark crouched down to meet the smaller Stark's head. Peter nodded vigorously, almost popping his head off his shoulders. The newly adoptive father grinned back at him, satisfied with that answer and ruffling his curly brown mane. "C'mon, let me show you something..."

Peter as always, followed behind unquestioningly, still so stunned by everything that's occurred. Tony then lead him into a large and empty meeting room. The interior design was a nice mixture of modern and classic that was satisfying to the eye. And Peter was so entranced by the large podium on the stage, wanting to go over stand there.

Little did he know he'd be standing behind it a year later as Tony finally announced him as the newest member of the Starks and future head of Stark Industries once Pepper stepped down.

oOo

Peter shut his eyes tight, holding onto Michelle Jones in his arms protectively. He subconsciously knew it was a bad idea to tag her along as he ditched his bodyguard to wander around the streets of Manhattan. But he just wanted to show her the taste of freedom they so desperately desired.

It was a hard thing to obtain since they were both the future heads of two leading organizations. And she, despite being the more logical one between the two, had followed him willingly on this journey.

Yet, here they were now, trapped in a facility by a group of kidnappers trying to use them as a ransom. Peter had managed a way from them to try and escape, but they were out of their luck. The place was too big and locked down. So their best idea was to hide, and try not to be uncovered.

But as they were holding on to each other, anxiously waiting, they could hear some footsteps heading towards the small closet they were hiding in. "Peter, I'm scared," Michelle whispered. He held her tighter and whispered into her ear, "I am too."

As soon as he'd said that the door flew wide open to reveal Iron Man staring furiously at the two from behind the suit. He had come to their rescue, but he would make sure to reprimand his son for the situation later on.

oOo

"Peter I might not always be with you, I hope you understand that," Tony looked at him seriously as they sat on the top of Stark Tower. "So whenever you look up at the stars, just know I'll always be up there to guide you. You don't ever have to feel alone."

Peter took the words into consideration. He was glad that despite the stunt he pulled, Tony would always have his back in the end. He truly did have a family with the man. Something he never experienced before Stark had adopted him. "Okay," Peter answered back, and together they continued to watch the night sky fall upon the world like a blanket.