~Rain~

Ariella's POV(Wait to play song)

The thunder boomed against the sky, demanding to be heard as it competed with the vivid lightning for the cloud's attention. The sky was painted in hues of the dawn and night, like the heavens have opened for free reign and hell's monsters escaped. The clouds were crying as a result of the war, the thunder acting as battle drums and the lightning resembling kingdom flags.

And I was just a bystander, waiting for the bloodshed.

I could hear the hopelessness in the rain. It was so quiet yet so loud as it hailed against the windows. I could see the dew's despair as it wept with every drop. I could smell the fresh unsettled water in my lungs, providing me with infinite comfort. I could almost touch the silk water as I pressed my hand to the window.

I watched as people on the streets rushed for shelter. I'd imagine I would do the same if I was out there.

People always seemed to ignore their surroundings.

How many times have you ignored a sunset and looked at your phone screen instead? Ignoring that the sky was blessing you with its own entertainment?

How many times have you sat inside your room, listening to music while it rained? Oblivious to the face that nature was providing you with its very own music?

I don't blame you, I have done the same many times before.

But people right now were running away from the rain like it was acid, overlooking the exalted view the sky painted just for us.

I don't judge them...for I would do the same.

I'm no different from those people. I have dreams and hardships like them. Pets and peeves like them. I am strong yet weak at times, like them. I am not different. I am painfully ordinary.

But there was something I've always wanted to do like most people...

To Dance in the rain...

How cliché is that?

I'd say very unoriginal...

But how many times would I have the opportunity to dance in the rain like no one was watching?

Just to feel free...

To feel like the only person on earth.

The raindrops acting like my friends in my loneliness, being my dance partners. I wanted to dance with the lightning being my chandelier and the thunder being my music. The feel of my drenched clothes being my ballgown.

I wanted to feel free.

Yes, this sounds poetic but it's true.

I want to be a child again, uncaring how I stuck my tongue out and waited for the rain to drop in my mouth. If I did that now, I'd surely be judged.

I wish I had done it more as a little girl.

The rain was truly beautiful. They looked like rhinestones falling from the clouds. I want it to last forever.

Just how I wanted the feel of his warm hands on my waist to be there forever. His body was against mine, watching the rain with me almost thinking the same things I was. His cologne was almost praising my lungs, the rain and his aroma mixing to make a holy scent.

I sighed silently as I leaned my head against his chest, his body-heat enveloping me just as his arms did. He kissed my temple as he played with my fingers, a habit he had when he was nervous about something.