Chapter One

High school sucked. Especially that day, for both of the twins. The one day they had decided to dress nice and match, was the one day that it decided to rain in Burbank. Lucky for them, they didn't bring an umbrella with because they didn't think it would rain. It never did, it was always so hot year round. By the time they had rushed back to the tower, they were soaking wet. Their fur was heavy, and because they had reapplied hair dye and highlights the other night, colorful streams ran down Dot's shoulders, while a violent purple stained Spot's face. Oh what a great day to be Dot and Spot Warner.

"Ew.." Spot complained, shaking herself off. "My fur is all wet.." She dropped the bag that hung from her shoulder and quickly rushed to the bathroom to grab towels; one for her, and one for Dot. Rushing back to her duplicate, Spot handing the towel to her sister before starting to dry herself off. She noticed the purple on the towel and sighed. "It's whatever."

Yakko had been home before the girls. While they could always hitch a ride home, they protested against that and decided to walk, so they could get as much sun as possible. Right now, they regretted that decision. "You know walking home isn't a permanent decision, right? You can always come with me, we live in the same place." Yakko mentioned, from his spot on the couch.

"We know, Yakko. But we didn't know it was going to rain today!" Dot said in defense, drying her ears off as she replied to her older brother.

"Now that i mention it, you're lucky you didn't ask. I got a email from the principal today." Yakko mentioned, standing up.

Uh oh. He found out. "Skipping class? Are you kidding me?! Girls, i expect better from you." Yakko scolded, "You know how important education is, and you're skipping class? What do you have to say for yourself?"

The girls stood frozen in place. They didn't think anyone saw them. They were in the bathroom the entire time, unless one of those 6th grades from the lunchroom told on them. The two exchanged glances and looked back to their older brother for a moment. "Yakko, you know we both hate our 2nd period classes! I'm not good at math and Dot doesn't like reading! Why should we go to a class we don't
like?" Spot argued back.

"You can't just skip stuff you don't like! That's not how it works!" Yakko pinched the bridge of his nose, resisting the urge to yell at the two teens.
"Listen, since you want to skip everything, you can skip the next two weeks outside of the tower. You're grounded." Yakko sternly implied.

The twins were dumbfounded. They stood in front of their older brother with their jaws on the floor. They didn't think it was that bad that they had skipped. It was just one class, right? Spot accepted defeat rather quickly and made her way to the room she shared with Dot, realizing that fighting was pointless, and that it would only land the girls in deeper trouble.

Dot did not like this 'grounding'. Not one bit.

"You can't ground us, Yakko! You don't have that authority!" The smaller toon argued.

"Oh, i don't? Who took care of you for the last 14 years after mom and dad?" Yakko had asked.

"You, but-"

"And who's the oldest here?"

"You-"

"And who's the only adult in the tower?"

Dot was growing tired of this. She huffed at her brother and stormed off to her shared room, slamming the door behind her.

After having done their homework and chores, the twins were getting ready for bed. That's is, before a knock came to the door. " Who is it?" Dot asked, before Wakko stepped in. "Hello? Yakko's going to bed. He told me to talk to you guys about skipping class." He paused for a moment. "Don't do it. Night!" He had gone as quickly as he had come. Wakko was never the best at giving advice on things he didn't like or do.

Once the light that shined from under the door had ceased, Dot peeked her head outside, seeing no sign of any light or movement, as well as not hearing anything. She closed the door and turned to her sister. "Put on some dark clothes and come with me." she instructed, rushing to the dresser.

"Wait what?" The comment caused Spot to get out of bed. "Why."

"We're sneaking out."

"Sneaking out? Are you crazy?! We'll get in so much trouble!"

"Only if we get caught. Now put this on." Dot said, putting a black outfit in Spot's arms. The twin thought for a moment fore sighing and putting on the clothes she was given. "I'm only doing this because i'm mad at Yakko. Do you even have a plan for where we're going?"

Dot stayed silent for a moment. "I actually don't. We can go to the creek Yakko tells us to stay away from." Dot whispered, sneaking through the main room with her twin, "We'll stay there for a few hours and come back before Yakko wakes up."

The two silently cracked the water tower door open, just enough to where they could squeeze through. The closing of the door was less than soft, making a quite loud slam. Scared that someone may have been woken up, they slid down a support beam and ran out of the studio as fast as they could. They were in the clear. Nobody could stop them. They'd be out and in, and nobody would notice. Besides, their two brothers would be asleep when they get back.

Well, maybe one brother.