Chapter 20

⚠ TRIGGER WARNING: CHILD ABUSE ⚠ 

PROCEED WITH CAUTION

***

     The minute they had arrived inside Grimmauld Place, Walburga dropped her hand from Adelecia's shoulder. Another flash, and Orion and Regulus had arrived as well. Walburga stared at Adelecia with pure hatred.

Hate that shouldn't be seen from a parent.

"Regulus, room." Orion snapped. "But-" Adelecia turned to Regulus, shooting him a look.
Regulus groaned under his breath and walked up the stairs, as a Slytherin boy who was raised by his parents should do, which ultimately kept him safe.

Adelecia sighed in relief at the fact that her parents weren't mad at Regulus.

"Come." Walburga pushed her daughter roughly into the drawing room and closed the door.
Adelecia whispered a silencing charm on the room while her parents weren't looking at her.

"Wand." She handed it to her mother. "Do you know how much disgrace you have brought upon this family?"

"How mother?" "You know exactly how. You associate yourself with mudbloods and blood-traitors, including that piece of filth." Orion cut in. Adelecia's eyes flashed. "Don't call him that!"

"I'll call him whatever I want to, Adelecia. Watch your words." Adelecia heard the threat in her father's voice and dipped her head in silent withdrawal.

"Now, time for your punishment." Adelecia's eyes widened. "Mother please-"

Walburga merely rolled her eyes and pointed her wand at her daughter.

"Crucio!" Adelecia's screams could be heard throughout the room as she fell to the ground, in utter agony.

They increased as Orion joined in, the force of two Cruciatus Curses almost becoming too much for the girl.

Her parents didn't seem to mind about her pain. They didn't really care. Which hurt Adelecia more than any physical spell they could have cast on her. 

All of a sudden, the spells stopped, and Adelecia went slack, her throat sore. "Stand up." Walburga looked coldly down at her daughter.

She staggered up weakly and looked down at her feet, unable to look her mother in her eyes.

Her own mother.

"Look at me when I'm speaking to you, dear." Adelecia flinched as her mother grabbed her chin and forced her to look up.

"I trust you will not make this mistake again, correct?" Adelecia nodded slightly. "What was that?" "Yes." "Yes WHAT, Adelecia?" Walburga barked, clearly not caring that her child was visibly shaking under her glare. "Yes Mother."

"Good. Now get out of our sight before we decide to do something else."

"Yes Mother." 

***

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: If you are experiencing domestic violence, or no someone who is, reach out to this website (Depending on the country). There are people here 24/7 to help in more than 170 different languages.

UK: https://www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk/

US: https://www.thehotline.org/

Australia: http://www.domesticviolence.nsw.gov.au/home

***

Okay whoa-

That physically hurt to write tbh, that's why I took days.

Ughh I want to hug herrrr

Edit after staying up TO edit this: Yo hi yall, it hurt even more rereading this to pick apart errors at around 2am where I'm not mentally stable, I just wanna save the bby, so um see yall when I publish this chapter xD

Okay first of all, abuse is NOT okay.

My dms r always open to any of you who need any kind of help at all, just remember that <33

Second, I'm publishing yet another book!! This one is a collab and it's called My Beautiful Depths, it's a fanfiction (Wizarding World, obvi), and it's NOT related in any way to Crucio or the Sacred Twenty Eight ;D

Third, I will not be posting from the date of April 12th to May 12th. Why, you ask? 

It's almost Ramadan yall!!

I try not to write or read anything during fasting time (Though that might just go out the window, I'm too obsessed) 

But yes. I'll be freak publishing this month though, to get it all in before April and to try not to let yall off on a cliffhanger somewhere, not giving any promises though lol

Love you mah dudes, 

~ Foody