Black Caps

A/N This is a Lord of the Flies oneshot fanfiction

Not Lord of the Rings

Lord of the Flies by William Golding

Aanyhoo this is Ralph x Jack, protagonist x antagonist

Takes place at the very end of the book

Don't judge, it is a legitimate ship, and all ships are created equal (some are just bigger than others)

_____________

(Ralph's P.O.V)

_____________

He staggered to his feet, tensed for more terrors, and looked up at a pair of cold blue eyes.

“Hello, Ralph.”

“Jack,” Ralph grumbled. He figured this was going to happen. He saw what Jack had, and accepted that fighting was useless. “Do it.”

Jack was holding a spear, which he tossed to the ground behind him. He stepped forward and wrapped both of his hands around Ralph’s neck. “Maybe I will,” he said, looking into his eyes menacingly, “but I want a fight. One on one. I want to see the light fade from your eyes by my doing.”

Without the spear, Ralph actually had a chance of survival. He would have to catch Jack off guard, but...how? Jack had his hands around his neck, and if he wanted to, he could grab the spear and stab him right through. Strength wouldn't be the way to go, so clearly the only thing Ralph could do was do something Jack would never expect. Ralph knew the perfect thing to distract him from any violence.

Ralph took Jack's hands and slipped them up to his cheeks, and did the same with his own hands. He then jerked Jack's head toward his, and pressed his lips onto Jack's before he could protest.

While he worked his lips against Jack's, Ralph tried to think of ways to save himself. Surprisingly, Jack began to kiss back. It was hard to focus on escape when all he wanted to do was stay there and-no! What was he thinking?

Ralph pulled back, but Jack reconnected their lips, and Ralph let him. 'This might not be so bad, maybe Jack will let me live if I just-no! I have to get away!' Ralph thought.

He pushed Jack back, and rolled on the ground, grabbing the spear from behind Jack, who was still obviously confused about what had just happened. He turned around and saw Ralph there, with the spear pointed at him.

"You...you..." Then Ralph held the spear to Jack's throat, who had tears glistening in his eyes.

"You-"

He never said another word.