Your Highness.. (3)

"Your majesty?" I heard the words subtly at first, of course, the abrupt indiscernible voice making me groan and roll over and plant my face against my pillow. But as I did so I only heard the voice once more "Princess.. You're required downstairs for breakfast," I opened my eyes slowly as I finally realized who the voice belonged to. I slowly sat up as my eyes adjusted to it being Gabriella at my bedside. "Where's Loki?" I queried to her as she helped me pick out a dress "Well on top of being your newest personal servant he's also still given the duties of tending to the stables and the garden, though he will be with you during the rest of the day and into the evening," She said as I threw on a simple aqua coloured dress that was matched delicately with a forest green shawl.

Gabriella kept glancing at me as I sat in silence as she ran a brush through my hair, her blue eyes trained onto me closely as she was puzzled by my silence. "If you don't mind my forwardness princess, but what's on your mind?" She asked, to which I sighed and thought for a moment... before giving her a straightforward answer "I was friends with, Loki, Gabriella.. You know before he left.." I said as she nodded slowly, twisting my hair into a stylish bun "But it seems that the reason he left was because of me? Or someone told him that I wanted him gone? I couldn't have yelled at him for anything and told him to leave... Could I?" I asked as I scanned her face through the mirror, searching for an ounce of wisdom that might appear on her face before she even says it "Well, Lady (Y/N)... I would assume that it is just simply a misunderstanding!.. If you were truly good friends with this man before he was sent off on business then it's clear you had no reason to send him away," She said as she gazed at me softly.

I stood as I gazed up at the tall woman before hugging her, she was quick to hug back, gently playing with the ribbons she'd put into my hair that hung down. She was motherly in a way, even if our ages weren't that far off I still felt like she was wiser beyond her years. I quickly pulled my nestled face from her bosom as she smiled down at me before crossing her hands over one another "I am always here for you, Your Highness," She replied, to which I smiled as she motioned for me to exit the room "But I do believe that your majesty the prince is waiting for you," I looked at her a little apprehensive as I queried "But will I be eating with my family this morning?" I asked as she continued "Yes, your majesty, he has simply requested that after breakfast you spend the day with him uninterrupted."

Breakfast was a little awkward as I found myself not overly looking forward to the blatant courting that was to take place between me and Thor, it was like deliberate choreography from Odin as he went on and on about how wonderful his son was. "My boy, I hear you're taking the lovely princess with you to one of your training courses!" He revealed, to which I internally grimaced. Oh, joy! I get to watch a great display of testosterone and sweat from the comfort of a lounge chair and the fiery heat of the summer sun!.. I put on a fake smile as I spoke "Well I'm sure it will be just exhilarating," I say as I sip deeply from my tea and smile at the two men.

I'd nearly forgotten I'd be accompanied by Loki before I heard the third pair of footsteps trail mine and Thor's, I was reasonably nervous to have him stand by me as I watched Thor- But I knew what I was to say to him when the time came. 

Kick, Punch, Dodge, then another swing and then another dodge- This is how watching Thor train was like- Oh! and don't forget the grunting. It followed a very boring formula that was getting old and fast. I took a sip from my lemonade as I bit my lip pensively, the looming sensation behind me not wanting to leave me as my mind filled in the blank of not being able to see Loki, but knowing full well that he was there. I licked my lips as I breathed in deeply through my nose and held it for a moment, before finally biting the bullet and speaking up "Loki," I started as I glanced his way "Yes, your highness?" He replied cooly, I nearly forgot how deep and lilted his voice was as I felt myself grow a little warmer with his green eyes peering down at me "I.. I've been wishing to speak with you," I said as I swung my legs over the side of the lounge chair to stand, to which Loki outstretched his hand to help me up from how low to the ground it was.