Ch 1: A Fateful Encounter

"So... What you're trying to say is that you fell here... From another world?" Childe's face morphed from one of disbelief to utter confusion. He used a long, splintered branch that washed up ashore to prod and poke the wet sand.

Childe had short, choppy orange hair. It was vibrant, and the way it flowed in the wind was... Well... Mesmerising.

He had a pair of dull, blue eyes along with a red Fatui mask that was messily pulled off to one side of his head. Wiping the sweat from his forehead, his red beaded earring on his left ear jingled slightly.

His poorly executed illustration formed seemingly questionable stick figures that was facing against a larger, more menacing figure. (Did I mention that his drawing was poor?)

"But when you wanted to leave and go onto the next world... Your path was blocked by some unknown god?" Paimon continued, floating in continuous and everlasting circles.

Maybe if she spun around faster, she would process the information better too.

Paimon had a small body, thick white hair cropped just above her shoulders, dark purple eyes, and fair skin, giving her the look of a petite, mystical fairy.

Along with a long-sleeved white jumper and a night-blue cape flecked with little stars, a rose-gold crown levitated above her head as though it was a halo.

Paimon had been merely floating around at Starfell Lake when she had seen me lying unconscious on the fine, arid sand.

"Oh no! I hope she's fine," Worried, Paimon pulled me aside to save me from the mercy of the salt water waves. Slapping me awake, she also tried to give me emergency CPR but of course, failing quite horribly.

Childe on the other hand, was pursuing a bunch of pesky cryo slimes when he stumbled upon a CPR-giving Paimon.

"Tsk, let me do it," pushing Paimon aside, he puckered his lips slightly and closed his eyes, and he swore dramatic, romantic music played in the background.

Childe was this close to locking lips with me when I woke up, coughing violently. I wheezed, breaking into a series of hacking coughs to allow all the salt water to exit my lungs.

Paimon sat me down on a nearby rock and patted my back gently while I hacked away, attempting to comfort me while Childe merely sulked at the side.

"First, let's get you to Monstadt, you need some rest, ASAP!" she ushered me, looking at me as if to say 'come on!'.

"Paimon'll do her best to be a great guide!" She twirled around in excitement, her clothes glittering in the sunlight.

"Hey! What about me?" Childe's outstretched hand only grasped air as the distance between us got larger and larger. "No fair!" He sighed, chasing after us desperately.

As I climbed up a steep slope, I felt beads of sweat trickle down my temple.

"Feeling tired, girlie? May I offer you my humble services of helping you out by carrying you?" Childe inquired, a flirtatious smirk on his face.

"No thanks, I'm fine by myself," I replied, increasing my pace a little.

With a disappointed sigh, Childe shook his head in dismay.

"Hey, y'know, I still don't know your name! I'm Paimon! What's yours'?" Paimon wondered, staring at me with curiosity.

"It's Lumine," I replied, fixing the white ornament on my head. Man, I didn't know I was this unfit.