Chapter One

When I was seventeen I wasn't sure what I would do later in live, I was overwhelmed by everything.

I had an almost perfect live. I was good at school, had many friends, and a girlfriend. At that point everything seemed so normal. My friends and I would skip classes to get drunk on the schools parking lot. When we were in class, we never ever listend to the teachers, instead we planed our next party for the weekend. School was almost over for the year and we had that huge party planed for the last day of school. Everyone was coming.

Everything was perfect. We were right on time and by seven the first people started to arrive. By nine the place was paced. Music blasting almost everybody already slightly drunk or completely wasted. We had fun. We just lived in the moment. Dancing and laughing at stupid jokes, happy that after the summer we only had one year left until graduation. That party was epic.

Some usual fights were going on, but nothing out of the ordinary. As always Alex and her boyfriend fighting over something he said or didn't say, I was sure at that point. They were jelling at each other, and Alex, as usual, blames him for not paying attention and not listening to her. Dot get me wrong , Chris and I got way back to when we were in diapers, best friend since then, but sometimes even I can't defend him anymore. He just never listens and for some reason he can't remember shit, he just forgets. I mean he's the most fun and always down for our stupid ideas, but with Alex he got himself into a bit of a situation. He never learns from his mistakes the first time the broke up and got back together. Ans as far as I can tell, tonight is going to be there 7th or was it 8th brake up, we all just lost count, because like clockwork two days later they are back in the game, till somehow she manages to get upset about some litte thing he does or manly don't does. But enough about "Aleris" as we call them. Benji just called for the 4th round of beer pong in the past 2 hours. Hes always the one who manages to get everybody to play, he's kinda the glue that holds us together as a group. Somehow this game just got out of hand as suddenly we were like 20 people playing and it was really weird combo of people playing together. For example, Hanna and Jade, who could normally not stand each other, were playing with Nick and David, who had literally never talked to them, since we all got in high school. And then there was my team, Alex, her best friend Maggie, Tyler, the schools bad boy, and my somehow best friend, Scott, a boy on my AT Chem class who I became friends with, and Lena, a girl who's somehow not at typical high school girl. She's cute and funny dot get me wrong but nobody notices her. If I would ask Tyler, who she is, he probably wouldn't even know that she sits next to him in most of class. As the game went on everybody got more and more drunk. About 20 minutes in, Tyler is flirting with Maya, one of the prettiest and most popular girls in school, and about 5 minutes later both of the just take off.

The rest of the game, we tried not to loose and having great time.

Lena and Alex teamed up for the final round against me and Scott. As I said before the hole combo of players was really weird and it stared to get everyones attention, because no one ever had seen Lena at a party, jet alone drinking at a party. So everyone gathered around for the final 6 cups. Benji was commenting the Hole thing and making a bad joke every five-seconds so no one could really focus on the actual game, to get the ball in one of the cups.

By phone bleeps, a message form my girlfriend, saying she's on her way. And in that split second I looked at my phone, Lena actually managed to get all of her 3 balls in the cups and everybody was screaming and laughing, as I was really confused on how the fuck she could play that well. Scoot and Alex were, by the looks on their faces, as shocked as I am. I completely forgot about the fact that Amanda texted me. I was busy drinking up the beer left in the cups and Lena and Alex made sure I drank ever last drop. As I finished, I confess, I was slightly drunk. And if the 6 cups weren't enough, Alex decided we all could use some shot of tequila.

By the 4 or 5 shot I was wasted and as I could tell, Lena, Alex and Scott weren't that sober either. Finally we decided it was to sticky and hot inside, with about 80 people packed up in my living room, with the speaker still blasting some old Taylor Swift song everybody just hyped. As we went outside the backyard to our pool area, were my mom set up some tables and benches to sit on, the slightly chill summer air, felt really great. We sat down at on of the tables and I was glad I was sitting because it all, just was wavering. Just as if your get of a rollercoaster and for a split second everything around you is spinning. But I kinda liked this feeling, somehow I felt free. So I got up and decided to got another round for the table. And at that exact minute that night everything went sideways...