⸙͎۪۫ ⊰ Horrified

___________
_____

Today is the day my mom gave birth to me

Today is the day my mom gave birth to me. It's just the same day to me but for them, a miracle happened on this day which kinda makes me grin proudly. They planned the whole day for me to celebrate my day of birth which didn't surprise me at the fact they're way too obvious in the past few days.

Not minding any of their failures, I act as if I'm surprised just to not disappoint them. They did their best anyways and just by that made me happy.

Dad decorated the living room and the room is filled with boxes and stuff. It's quite a mess at the fact my dad is not a pro in household chores but despite all that, he tried his best to make the room look decent... just don't mind those glitters on the carpet, a residue of dried glue on the coffee table and those crumbs of color paper on the floor...

They're just in my imagination.

Today, I turned seven. I ,of course, started my day eating mom's cooked breakfast for us, she wears a cute apron which makes me adore her, but mostly dad because mom said he's a simp.

We're happily eating like a happy family in the kitchen as we converse about things we did. It's a happy thing family does.

Mom tells stories about her work and villains' sad stories, why and how did they become villains which had me thinking, Villains are just victims... aren't they?

I feel kinda bad for them.

For today's task, dad planned on taking me and my mom out, just a family outing, just the three of us, like always.

He's taking us into an amusement park nearby Musutafu. I have no complaints but mom does have... quite a lot.

Nonetheless, we did go there. Everything on that day is perfect, despite my mom and dad teasing each other and constantly wanting my attention, I could tell, this day is the best as far as today.

It sounds cliché but bonding with my parents like this after such a long time of them being far and distant from me, to me, this is a blessing day.

Dad would often receive notifications on his phone which he ignored, saying that today is my day and that his attention should be plastered only to me.

Though he's kinda upset about it. Meh

After riding every ride I pointed out, mom is left clutching onto dad as if her life is on the line, she fears height.

Dad only laughed at the pitiful state of his wife who weakly smacked his head while I'm clutching onto my mom's shirt.

We went home after that.

It's a short day to me, to be honest, I could tell that it's because I actually had fun with them. We went home happily but when I was about to open our door, we were met by a man. He looks buff.

I look up to it in wonder as I tilt my head in confusion. "Who are you?" I asked

But then, I saw the man's hand making its way onto my head with an evil grin on his face. "Im a friend."

"(Y/N), get out of the way-" I felt myself freezes in my place when suddenly, an arm pushed me to the side that made me roll and scrape my elbow.

"Shit" My mom cursed under her breath and when she was about to knock back the unknown person, she was thrown harshly past our gate.

Dad was nowhere to be seen. Where did he go!? All I can see is red and his clothes being completely torn up on the floor of the garden.

Wait...

I can't process what was happening until it hit me, fear filling my inner soul and my confused expression turned into a horrified on. "A villain"

I stared up at my mom who's struggling to push a man above her who's gripping her neck tightly. He's stopping her from breathing, I grabbed the man's arm in an attempt to pull him away from my mom. I couldn't feel it by I could tell, my eyes is pouring out hot tears as my eyes blurred.

At this moment, I wish I'm stronger but... What can a seven-year-old kid do against a buff villain. Nothing.

I can run but I have no energy and I can't just leave my mom here, despite hearing her wails that I should Escape and leave her there.

The sight in front of me will surely hunt me forever. I tried to use my quirk at the man, throwing tiny boulders, fire, wind hitting his face or water. But nothing stopped the man as my mom slowly turned blue and at this rate, I felt my heart drop deep down below my soul.

"Let her go... Mister-"

I was thrown as well and this time I hit my head on the rock in our garden. My ear rang a high note which blinded my hearing sense, my eyes rolled as I see thousands of figures of a man, grinning over me.

He left her there.

I sat up, my eyes still blurring my sight and there, all I see is the body of my mother, pale and with no signs of life. She's facing my direction and all I saw in her face is a lifeless type of expression, her eyes still slightly agape as well as her, used to be, rosy lips.

"M-mom..."

I thought, villains have hearts too... My mom is mistaken... and now, she was killed by a heartless villain... and so I will

"You're next... Little one" the man grinned and there, before I was knocked out cold by the villain, all I saw is his glowing blue eyes in the middle of the darkness.

 Little one" the man grinned and there, before I was knocked out cold by the villain, all I saw is his glowing blue eyes in the middle of the darkness

(Rewritten: 2-14-22)