⸙͎۪۫ ⊰ The Man

__________
___

I slowly opened my eyes as I stared at the ceiling

I slowly opened my eyes as I stared at the ceiling. I sit upon the soft bed and observed my surroundings. I then felt cold steel at my ankle, a cuff attached to the bed's railing. I heard the door silently open as a head popped beside it. It was a man wearing a suit, with a big scar on the upper part of his face. I was taken aback as I stared at the man. 'He had no eyes... I wonder how he was able to see and walk around I thought.

He's quite an ugly person... Keyword... Quite

The sudden pain in my head hit me which made me wince; I instinctively moved my arms up to my head in hope to soothe the pain away but in the state, I was in, I couldn't stop it.

I can feel the man's eyes still laid on my head but despite that, I ignored his presence cause my head is aching so many beads of water started to appear above my forehead.

The sudden memory of the day of my birth flashed in my head that blinded my eyes with painful tears, crying my sorrow out to ease the painful reality.

“Drink this.” The man's voice is gruff. He’s obviously not the person who genocide my family. I look up at him with a painful look that seems to be caught him off guard. “I brought painkillers.”

I looked at him suspiciously, thinking he can’t see the judging expression on my face. But that thought of mine was a lie after he chuckle and kneel down to my level, before saying, “Don’t look at me that way. I’m not a bad person, see?” he smiled, patting my head as I flinched under his sudden action yet soothing and gentle.

I loosen up a bit before complying. I took the pain killer in my mouth and as expected, the pain went away. “Thank you.” I murmured under my throat as I look up at the eyeless man whose smile only grew wider that I could tell, giving me a cold seat sliding down my forehead.

The man suddenly hugged me and patted my head. "Don't worry poor child, I'll be your new guardian, All for one" he said as I cry on his shoulder.

He noticed the slight comfortableness on my face vanished as soon as he smiled which made another dry laugh of his slide out of his throat. “You can call me Mr. Shigaraki, young (L/N).”

I flinched before glancing at the ugly man before looking down my lap. “How… how did you know my name?” I questioned in such a quiet tone as my voice hitches in slight nervousness.

“It's all over the news.” He shrugged before standing up.

“I see.” I sadly muttered as I clench my hand on my lap as I hold any tears of my eyes from falling.

“I know you’ve been through a lot that day… but don’t worry, I am here.”

“H-huh?”

“I am your caretaker from now on… Young (L/N)… It’s a pleasure to meet you”