48. Till Death Do Me Part

Recap.....

Tears filled the eyes of Lady Shizune and many others in the room. Kakashi had closed his eyes in grief. He lost one more person he cared for. He was too late. Shikamaru gripped his shirt in horror. Even though he was known for his intelligence, he couldn't process what had happened. Lady Tsunade lost all hope she had and sighed in defeat.

"Pronounce the time of death."

Shizukana's P.O.V

"Dear! Wake up." A soft and gentle voice broke through the peaceful silence. I just kept my eyes shut not daring to open them. A few minutes pass by before the voice spoke again. "Thea, you'll get late, love."

Thea? I sat up with a jolt and looked around the room. It was very familiar and that's when it hit me. It was the room of my previous life.

Loud footsteps caught my attention as I jumped out of the bed and took a defensive stance.

"Thea, you better hurry up. Dad's already put on his shoes. Remember two months ago?" A young unmatured voice spoke causing me to abandon my stance and stand straight.

The door opened and a young boy with brown hair and brown eyes entered. He was very familiar. Too familiar. "Jamie?" I whispered.

Jamie's grin vanished and was overshadowed with a look of concern. "You okay?" He asked leaning against the door frame.

I couldn't process what was exactly happening. Unable to hold back the tears and emotions I felt, I sobbed into my palm and walked towards him.

He instantly walked forwards and hugged me. He hadn't grown an inch or changed since the last time I saw him. He still smelt the same and his hair was the same.

"What's wrong?" Jamie asked as I felt his hands wrap around my waist. "Thea? You're scaring me."

I instantaneously backed away with wide eyes. I didn't want to scare him in any way. "No, hmm. Sorry." I said wiping my eyes. "Bad dream?" I said as if questioning myself.

"Oh." was all he said. "Wha-"

He was interrupted when the door opened and a very angry lady stepped in. Mom. "Althea, you're gonna get late. Jamie, you wer-" She paused when she noticed the tears in my eyes and Jamie's expression.

"Bad dream," I said trying not to tear up more. "That's all."

Momma expression softened as she slowly walked towards me. She places her hand on my forehead before wincing. "You're not going to work then. Stay home. Your fathers on a half day so he'll be back for lunch." She said as she wiped some of my tears away.

I didn't say anything except nod.

"Now get changed. Breakfast is on the table." She said as she smiled and dragged a protestant Jamie out of the room.

The second the door closed, I let out a shaky breath before I found myself crying once again.

I didn't know how to explain this. It's like the Narutoverse never happened. I ran my hand through my hair before noticing that it was short.

I quickly ran to the bathroom and looked into the mirror. Instead of the usual white hair and yellow eyes, it was the Black hair and Grey eyes that haunted me.

Sasuke? Naruto? Chidori... I looked at my chest where the Chidori was impaled to find nothing. No blood or scar. Was it all just a dream? Or even a nightmare?

Using muscle memory, I walked it my closet and got dressed. My mind was filled with crazy possibilities and thoughts as I walked down the stairs and towards the kitchen where the smell of eggs filled the air.