Your Highness.. (4)

I watched from atop my stallion as the dark-haired man emerged from the stables, a sleek black steed trotting at his side. I watched as he masterfully mounted the creature before approaching me slowly "So, My Lady.. What is step two?" He asked as I slowly moved towards him "Well, Loki. This is where you tell me your favourite spot to go... When you don't have chores." I said with a smirk.

This was one of the few times Loki had walked ahead of me. Usually, he'd always be watching me from behind so that he could keep watch of me. But with this newfound perspective, I was able to see how muscular and broad his shoulders were. His shoulder-length hair gently swaying with the movements of his horse...

I paused for a moment as I realized the smile that was stuck on my face as I gazed at him leeringly... What was wrong with me? From the moment I'd imagined us dancing together at dinner to the moment I enjoyed the idea of his eyes... all over me...

I felt warmth settle on my cheeks as I diverted my eyes to the changing scene around me, since I hadn't really been paying attention to that.

Lush green trees stood humongous before us, vines of vibrantly green leaves hanging from them like garland. The space we were trotting to was one of few openings, resembling an opened gate to a palace made by mother nature herself. 

I hung on loosely to my reins as I gawked at the scenery, my head tipped all the way back and swivelling around like a baby bird as I tried to absorb as much of the delicate sights as I could. Patches of flowers of every colour, I felt the wind begin to pick up and push their petals and leaves to and fro.

I smiled wide as I sigh deeply, closing my eyes as I felt the cool wind push back my hair and glide along my bare arms and neck. The sweet smell of suckles gracing my senses.

 Eventually, Loki and I found a small clearing that was adorned by bushes and the odd sprig of wildflowers. As Loki climbs down from his horse I slowly pulled my eyes from the sight of the beautiful tall trees, he approaches my side as he raised his hand for me to hold as I climbed down from Idunn. 

I smother the fluster as my fingers slide along his palm before holding on, my leg swinging over so I could slide off the side of the saddle. His other hand found its way to my waist as he practically carried me off of the horse, all of his exertions just so that the princess didn't expend any of her own energy.

His fingers accidentally snuck underneath my shirt as my feet hit the ground- I couldn't hide my fluster now as Loki's eyes meet mine intensely. But the moment is thrown to the sweetly smelling wind as he pulls his hands from my waist and hand "I- Apologies, princess," He said as he turned from me to tend to the horses, I breathed in through my nose as I shook my head, there go my thoughts again...

We'd ended up tying the reins of the horses to the nearby trees as we could no longer move any closer with them "Are you sure you don't just want to turn back now, Your Highness?" I heard Loki query as I began walking towards the sound of rushing water. 

Ignoring him before speaking up without looking towards him "Don't you get tired of being cooped up in a castle all the time, Loki?" I asked before sounding off another thought "...Taking orders from every living person within it.." I mumbled as I heard him catching up with me, my hands pushing aside soft vines as I searched for the approaching stream.

"Well, I can't really express my opinion so freely on such matters but.." He trailed off, to which I glanced at him, his eyes flicking to mine and then ahead of us nervously ".. I suppose this is why I come here," he said as his arm slipped past me and over my shoulder to push past a final sheet of vines to reveal the rushing water I'd been hearing.