𝐥𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤

HEY
we need to talk! i haven't been on wattpad for that long, i downloaded it back in late may or early june and started reading hunger games fanfics, and then i got on mcu tiktok and started reading avengers fanfics, and then in august i got on dracotok and fell back into my harry potter phase, that i thought i left behind in fourth grade. i started reading harry potter fanfics, and really fell in love with the wizarding world all over again. that being said i've watched the community, on wattpad and tiktok especially really become something it wasn't when i first joined the fandom in fourth grade. not only has it become extremely toxic, it's become really sexulized. i feel like over the last few months there's become this pressure for authors to include smut, and if we don't then we've 'robbed' our readers. i personally have a unspoken rule for myself that i won't write smut not only because it makes me uncomfortable, but also because most of my characters are minors. That being said I really don't like the way I've written Skye and George's relationship. I feel like I've forgotten shes 14, and so I feel like some references I've made between her and George aren't necessarily appropriate, especially because in GOF George is turning 17, the legal age in the wizarding world. Therefore I feel like him, a almost legal adult going after 14 year old skye, is kind of predatory. So i've decided I'm going to go back and edit the chapters to change their relationship, and make it more appropriate. I know it seems silly, considering they're both side characters and their relationship really doesn't play a big part in the plot of angelic, however i am planning on writing a separate book based off their relationship and so i feel like it's necessary to go back and edit their relationship. furthermore, i'm also really unhappy with the way i've written some of the chapters so far, and the way i've written some of the characters like harry and ben. the way i've written harry isn't true to his cannon character at all, and ben and diana's relationship came out of no where. i projected my own issues with my love life into my writing and effectively wrote harry in a negative light, putting diana in the same situation i was in. there are several plot holes, and the book really doesn't make sense. éloise came out of no where, and nothing makes sense. when i first started angelic i really didn't have a plot in mind, and i didn't expect it to blow up the way it has. i've developed the whole plot on a whim, so there's a lot of plot holes that don't make sense. i had planned on just writing a prequel to angleic and try to patch up all the plot holes through that, but after reading through earlier chapters that's just not going to work. i'll probably still write a prequel, but angelic definitely still needs editing. i'm not discontinuing angelic, i'm just fixing it! so for the next week or two updates are going to be really slow and maybe nonexistent, while i go back and edit earlier chapters to make the story make sense. you can still expect the yule ball chapter to come out in a day or two, but after that updates will kinda slow down while i make some edits. i'm sorry if i rambled or if this negatively effects anyone, i just feel like angelic needs some fixing in order for the story to continue!

much love,
hayleigh