Being found. (prelogue)

It was a simple fight, all Tanjirou had to do was take out 1 singular demon, it was all he had to do for this singular mission, but this fight had proven harder then most, he threw everything he had at it, but he still lost, he woke up, his eyes shot open, he sat up, his breathing was fast and irregular, there was daylight, as he recounted his thoughts, all of them pointed to it being the middle of the night when he was fighting the demon, had he really slept through the entire fight? No that was impossible, he stood up only to feel a large ache through his entire body and a sharp pain in his right leg, he was sure it was broken, along with 2 or 3 ribs, he was lucky no part of his spine was broken, he looked around only to wonder, where in god's name was he? he looked around, he saw a large building made of mostly glass, he had to be somewhere different, but where? he was hunched over his sword when he heard a loud high pitched noise pierce out through the air, it was like something screaming directly at him, he shrunk down, covering both his eyes and closing his eyes, he was sure he was crying, until it had stopped, he slowly opened his eyes and took his hands away from his ears, he saw a human like creature approaching him slowly, it looked like a dog at the same time with somewhat of a snout, long blond hair, it was giant, he didn't know if it was a demon or not, but he was too tired to think about it, that fight really had taken everything out of him, he took the sheath of his sword and pulled the blade out setting the sheath down, he steadied his hands on the blade, slowly stepping back as the thing approached him, before he knew it he was putting his sword back in the sheath, and covering his eyes, again, it had to be a dream it had to be! And that's when it grabbed him, he took his hands away from his face and looked at it in terror, it said something he couldn't catch, but he heard something with the words "hound dog", it slowly helped him into the strangely building, he used his sword as a crutch while the box he used to carry... something laid on his back, it felt... lighter, and that's when he realised something, he didn't know what, but something felt off.