A little shut-eye can't hurt, can it?

Author's Note: This work is a gift for my friend Thorn for asking one of the tougher questions in life, the question in question being, between Raya and Namaari, which one breaks their leg? 😭

Long-time readers of mine will get the joke as here I am, yet again, playing into the #brokenlegAU I never intended or wanted to create. 😔

To my coven witches, just remember, you're the real cause of this 😂

——

"Just hold still will you, Namaari?" Raya frowned as the Fang princess squirmed in her grasp.

"No, just let me go," Namaari huffed as she quickly tried to push herself out of the arms of her nemesis turned friend turned crush. "I already told you, I'm fine."

"Alright, fine then," Raya scoffed, removing her arms from the Fang princess' waist, the warrior promptly falling to the ground with a yelp as a result.

"Ah shit..." Namaari groaned, clutching her leg, attempting to bite back her agony as she struggled to get her wits about her.

"Well, come on then," Raya turned as she began walking down the battle worn path back towards her homeland of Heart. "We don't have all day so I suggest you get up and get a move on."

Watching Raya coyly walk away, Namaari silently grumbled as she reflected back the series of events that cumulated in her current situation. While finding herself on the ground, unable to stand on her own wasn't exactly her fault, it could be said that perhaps her inability to focus on anything other than the way Raya's muscles glistened under the hot Kumandra sun as she fought may have contributed to her debacle. Besides that one small detail, however, how could anyone rightfully say her tiny, little, insignificant injury was of her own doing? After all, its not like she had asked to be ambushed by a gang of bandits during one of her and Raya's routine trade missions with Talon.

It was the middle of the when they began their journey back home, a wagon full of preserved fish, fresh vegetables, and fine embroidered tapestries in tow. It was quiet and breezy and relaxed as the two sat in peace, enjoying each other's company in the fresh summer air. It was so peaceful in fact, one could not be blamed for letting their tired eyes slowly fall shut as sleep took control - or at least that was Namaari's take as she felt Raya's head hit her shoulder, soft snores leaving her lips as the wagon pressed on.

"Seriously?" Namaari recalled muttering to herself as she observed her sleeping friend, peaceful and content without a care in the world as she relaxed. Shifting ever so slightly, the Fang princess gently repositioned herself, moving her arm to wrap around Raya's shoulders as the heart princess, on autopilot, took the opportunity to nuzzle her face into the crook of Namaari's neck. Recounting the blush that soon overtook her cheeks shortly after Namaari buried her head in her hands as the memory continued. Cuddling wasn't exactly what she hoped to gain in moving, Namaari had thought, shaking her head as she handed herself the wagon's reigns, once again in full control now that her arm was no longer pinned to her side under Raya's body. Cuddling however, is what she gained and ultimately, is what lead her eyes to fall shut as the feeling Raya's soft, rhythmic breath on her neck lulled her to sleep. But that was fine, right? The horses had made this journey every other week for a year at this point. Surely they could get the pair back without incident. They were only a half hour outside of Fang anyway and it wasn't like the Fang princess was really putting much into guiding them so what would a few minutes of shut-eye hurt?

It would hurt a lot, actually, Namaari groaned in the present, once again attempting to stand on a leg she knew wouldn't support her. Reintroduced by gravity and meeting the earth once more, Namaari huffed as she mentally kicked herself for letting her guard down because of course within the ten minutes she closed her eyes, she'd find herself thrust awake by the sound of frantic horses and shouting. Because of course she'd open her eyes and see her and the one person she'd give anything to protect, surrounded by twenty plus bandits, heavily armed with staffs and swords. And because of course the said headstrong person once seated next to her would charge head first into the fight, throwing caution to the wind as she battled without any regard for her own safety - and looked damn good while doing it.